• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like that, girls always want to look their best, which often means looking younger, when they go on a date.

Hornet3d

Wise
Another hair style from Ali - HR -262 using Ghostship hair shaders as is the norm for me these days.

HR-262 GH CVK HW.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Started moving a bunch of my art from Deviantart. Figured I would start with my Hivewire3D Specific renders and images and share them here. Tonight I worked on relocating Dawn related works. I even decided to upload some previously unpublished, and some clean images of Promos I made for products without text and logos.

Enjoy!
Shades of Dawn

Hornet3d

Wise
I am slowly getting back into using Poser after a few months break with my enthusiasm boosted by a across the board 50% sale over at Renderosity.

This is HR-231 by Ali that has been added to my collection of Ali hairstyles with the colour adjusted using Ghostship Hair Shaders.

HR 231 GH 2024 HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
What a welcome back to Poser, just after the last render, Poser could not find anything and I discovered one of my 2TB SSDs had lost all of my runtimes. Windows properties still showed the same amount of used data but my runtime folder was not listed. Next disaster was when I found my cloud back up service was going to take around 15 days to restore. Luckily my plan B worked and the NAS backup did it over night. So my back up plan has changed in that the cloud options is defunct and replaced with me having a back up drive off site. It is also going to be a conventional drive as they usually give some warning before they fail.

Anyway back up and running with this render of HR-234 hair by Ali and Ghostship Hair shaders as before.

HR-234 GH PW.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It is also going to be a conventional drive as they usually give some warning before they fail.

I had all my backups on a Seagate 4TB that failed in 2013 with no warnings whatsoever, so don't count on that. The irony was that I bought that drive just to back-up my data, and it was the first one to die. Looked at the product reviews on Amazon, and about 45% of the low scores were exactly for sudden deaths. Looked at Western Digital and Samsung drives, same thing. They now ask us to pay twice the price for an "Enterprise" version of the drive that won't die overnight.

Hornet3d

Wise
I had all my backups on a Seagate 4TB that failed in 2013 with no warnings whatsoever, so don't count on that. The irony was that I bought that drive just to back-up my data, and it was the first one to die. Looked at the product reviews on Amazon, and about 45% of the low scores were exactly for sudden deaths. Looked at Western Digital and Samsung drives, same thing. They now ask us to pay twice the price for an "Enterprise" version of the drive that won't die overnight.

I quite accept that the conventional drives fail and sometimes without warning which, I guess is why we do backups, but I have never had one just lose a massive amount of data and still work and pass testing.. This SSD was not a cheap drive and is still under warranty but it passes all the checks and accepted the runtimes back without issue, although I do not trust it. My real issue is this is the second Samsung SSD I have had problems with, the other one stopped working, I problem for me because I am a real Samsung fan. I have around ten SSDs from Crucial, the oldest ordered in March 2018 and none of them have shown any problems and they are a lot cheaper than the Samsung equivalent. I am really in two minds as to weather to go conventional or just buy two cheap SSDs and clone them as some of the cheap ones on Amazon have a five year warranty. My NAS uses drives built for the purpose running in a duplicated Raid setup which has proved much better / quicker than cloud storage but that is on site and I want to cover off the possibility of a theft or fire robbing me of data. My all my music is digitised, my photographs are as well with some scanned photos are over 60 years old, my runtimes cover a period of 24 years so much of this I can never recover if I was to lose all my back ups.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am really in two minds as to weather to go conventional or just buy two cheap SSDs and clone them as some of the cheap ones on Amazon have a five year warranty.

On my side, I do not trust SSD for backups, not to mention mechanical drives are much cheaper for larger capacities. I reserve SSDs for quick boot drives, and drives where I need fast reading speeds when loading large files - namely Poser and AI. I used to think Poser files were large, but AI beats it by far. LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
On my side, I do not trust SSD for backups, not to mention mechanical drives are much cheaper for larger capacities. I reserve SSDs for quick boot drives, and drives where I need fast reading speeds when loading large files - namely Poser and AI. I used to think Poser files were large, but AI beats it by far. LOL
That is the way I decided to go I moved my back up copy of the runtimes and other Poser files from my NAS onto another SSD and the 'C' drive is also a SSD. The off site back up is now being moved onto couple of conventional drives that I can rotate, they are not as fast but, like this time, I just let the upload to the SSD run overnight.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
My last two computers were solely run on SSD drives. I'd actually trust them more than the old mechanical drives. BUt that's just my opinion.

Hornet3d

Wise
My last two computers were solely run on SSD drives. I'd actually trust them more than the old mechanical drives. BUt that's just my opinion.
I can understand that but and my computer runs almost completely on SSDs but with conventional drives for back up, in part because I have some large conventional drives that still work. A lot depends on experience though, based on my experience with Crucial SSDs would have me fully supporting a full SSD system but based on my experience of Samsung SSDs I would have some concern.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

Sometimes it's a matter of luck. Looking at the reviews, 45% of these drives have failed within 12 months, some are dead on arrival, and the rest works normally without failures. Seems like a matter of which of these we will receive.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have just run the Samsung Magician on the drive that lost the data and it reports no issues with the drive performing well. So I can't claim on the warranty just yet.

HR-235 GH PW HW.jpg

Last one of the recent Ali hair trilogy.

This is HR - 235 with Ghostship Hair Shaders.