• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Should I give content creation another go?

With that in mind, I could use some help spreading the word about the survey. I've posted at five forums and I've gotten 113 responses so far. I'd like to get up above 250 in the first week, so I really have a nice cross-section. If anyone can repost the survey link for me, perhaps on various Facebook group pages or on dA, that would be awesome!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I took the survey...IMPORTANT to me, as 1. love your Falling for Dawn outfit, and 2. POSER needs plenty of support in the wake of the DS 'onslaught' - IMHO.... :) I use Poser only- my brain does not compute DS...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Took the survey, Allen, hope you get the info you are seeking :) And welcome back too!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looking forward to seeing the data Vagabond! (I took the survey too:)

Check out this PDF for a summary of the bulk of the results. In the spirit of positivity, I'm keeping the results of the last question from the survey to myself, but this data should be very eye-opening for my fellow content creators. Please share with any others you might think would enjoy seeing these results, and thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Poser-DS_MarketplaceSurvey_Public.pdf

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
from the poser folks it doesn't surprise me that Generation 4 are popular, but it does surprise me that Genesis is (I thought from reading others posts that they weren't compatible with Poser?). Glad to see the HiveWire figures are really popular :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Doesn't surprise me much...the only thing that I was surprised by is that Renderosity was less than 10 below Daz in the first question.

Many people will use workarounds to get Genesis into Poser. There is even a script available at Rendo to do this with Genesis 3.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I found the results unsurprising as well.

You make a good point Satira. I wonder what forum most of the survey takers were from as well.

I don't know which forum(s) brought in the most takers, but Daz and Hivewire got the most responses. The new SM forum had a lot of activity, but it veered off topic a bit.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would expect if many of the takers came from DAZ, the results would have been heavily on the DS and DAZ products side. I doubt there is a large Poser population at DAZ anymore. Though of course, I could be wrong. Some people like to torture themselves :wink: