• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Should I give content creation another go?

Hello all!

A few years ago, I was a budding vendor with lots of ideas for content, and the marketing manager for a smaller marketplace within the community. Then two things happened. Major life events, such as the births of my two sons… and the “schism,” the point at which Daz opted to stop creating Poser-native figures.

However, with the recent events at RDNA, and things settling down on the homefront, I’ve been debating whether it’s wise to return to content creation. Till now, I’ve been a Poser user who managed to include DS support in his products, but I don’t know if I’m ready to abandon Poser altogether and make the jump to DS.

To help me make my decision, I was hoping the community could answer a few simple questions for me in this brief survey so I can better gauge the marketplace and community. Thanks so much for your time!

VagabondAllen

Poser/DS Marketplace Survey

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi VagabondAllen. Welcome to the HiveWire Forums. :)

If you're thinking of getting back into 3D content creation, you've come to a good community. A good many of the RDNA vendors have moved their stores here to the HiveWire store, and I'm sure your products will be just as welcome. ;)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I went to complete your survey but am a bit confused there's a question =
'Which figures do you use most often while working in Poser?' its a required question but the problem is I don't really work in Poser, so sorry unfortunately I can't complete your survey.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Since I don't use the DAZ figures most of the time I put in Dawn and Dusk. I completed it. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I answered your survey. I'm wondering have you placed links to it anywhere else so you get a true indication of the market?

Miss B

CV-BEE
He has Pen. I just spotted it at RDNA. Not sure if he's posted it at DAZ or Renderosity though, as I rarely visit those forums unless I need to visit a specific forum (Bryce at DAZ, and Blender at Renderosity).

Miss B

CV-BEE
I agree, and he probably has posted on the other 2 forums as well.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*waves to V.A.*

Really great to see you - welcome back!!!

In case people don't realize it, he IS a CA here (thus the little "Contributing Artist" tag below his name ;))

The 3D Artistry of VagabondAllen

I'm not going to fill out the survey but, I sure hope you'll create more and bring it to the Hive!!

All our figures need you!!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well now, that just shows how unobservant I can be at times. I didn't even notice the CA tag. ~shakes head~

eclark1894

Visionary
Hello all!

A few years ago, I was a budding vendor with lots of ideas for content, and the marketing manager for a smaller marketplace within the community. Then two things happened. Major life events, such as the births of my two sons… and the “schism,” the point at which Daz opted to stop creating Poser-native figures.

However, with the recent events at RDNA, and things settling down on the homefront, I’ve been debating whether it’s wise to return to content creation. Till now, I’ve been a Poser user who managed to include DS support in his products, but I don’t know if I’m ready to abandon Poser altogether and make the jump to DS.

To help me make my decision, I was hoping the community could answer a few simple questions for me in this brief survey so I can better gauge the marketplace and community. Thanks so much for your time!

VagabondAllen

Poser/DS Marketplace Survey
Okay, I have a question to ask. Since you say you have been, up until now, a Poser User, who includes DS Support, even if you plan to become a full time DS creator, why do you feel you have to abandon Poser altogether? Why not continue to include Poser support?

For those who might be curious, I will publish the results sometime next week.

It's not about abandoning Poser, so much as it is taking on the daunting task of learning and serving the DS community primarily. Trying to decide where there's money to be made and the survey helps me to gauge the marketplace AND community, because that can also impact how I market what I sell.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I am curious, so I look forward to seeing your survey's results.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'm curious too. Lots of people like to claim one thing or another is true in the 3d community, but usually they are just stating their gut/opinion and who knows if it's true or not. You're survey may not have a perfect scientific sample group, but it's got to be better than "such and such is dead because I say so!"