• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Should I give content creation another go?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
There was nothing in there that surprised me at all, except maybe that DAZ and Renderosity marketplaces are so equal.

I think the respondents were simply too small in number to get a valid survey.

And, yeah, the Hivewire numbers are nice.

Yeah the one thing about that particular question that would be interesting to me anyway to know is HOW MUCH one shops at a given store, not so much of they have EVER shopped there - yes I shop at Daz, Rendo, RDNA, HW, Xurge and so on but my actual number of purchases/amount spent is way higher at HW than anywhere else. Rendo would be second for me mainly because of 4-5 exclusive vendors there like SAV, Flink and Fabiana. Daz I mainly buy Deviney's fab PS brushes these days and occasionally some older props that work in Poser if they are on sale.

Def an interesting survey!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the survey results. Not really surprised by much there, on the other hand, since my impressions come from forums, and people who read the forums responded, that makes sense. Reading through the results it would have been interesting to know for many of the answers whether the people answering were Poser users, DS users or both.

from the poser folks it doesn't surprise me that Generation 4 are popular, but it does surprise me that Genesis is (I thought from reading others posts that they weren't compatible with Poser?). Glad to see the HiveWire figures are really popular :)

As far as Genesis 1 and 2 in Poser goes they can be used with a converter called DSON. The thing about DSON is that it can be very slow. Actually I usually found before PP11 that it was so slow it wasn't worth it. I think Poser must have gotten more efficient in 11 because as long as it's Gen1 or 2, I can user them just fine in Poser now on the same machine I was using before.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yeah the one thing about that particular question that would be interesting to me anyway to know is HOW MUCH one shops at a given store, not so much of they have EVER shopped there - yes I shop at Daz, Rendo, RDNA, HW, Xurge and so on but my actual number of purchases/amount spent is way higher at HW than anywhere else. Rendo would be second for me mainly because of 4-5 exclusive vendors there like SAV, Flink and Fabiana. Daz I mainly buy Deviney's fab PS brushes these days and occasionally some older props that work in Poser if they are on sale.

Def an interesting survey!

Exactly the same here - my 3D budget gets spent at Hivewire except for a rare exceptional find at another store. But, the way all the questions were worded in this survey allowed for unscientific results.