• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Wonderful render NA...don't know if you can do this with your laptop but with my work laptop I use a small portable external hard drive and store excess files on there as the work computer doesn't have a lot of grunt (for want of a better word).
What I will probably do is divide up the textures and take small portions of the whole set on the laptop. I have an external flash drive that might be able to carry some. The thing is it's an old machine Windows Home Vista and they didn't have a ton of HD room when they first came out. I can run either Poser 9 ,or Daz 4 on it but not a whole lot other than that, and it doesn't like them to be installed at the same time. So, I have to uninstall one then reinstall the other. I take the Poser 9 Hard Disk with me. Just depends on what I'm working with for the day. Yap those were the days when a Pentium was where it was at.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
No worries and no hurries. I know you guys will get to things when or if you can. Poser can be a butt to work with especially with materials, but I'm decent at recovering bells and whistles. My technical abilities with poser far exceed my artistic abilities. I look forward to the expansion it looks awesome. I've been eyeballing all of your current flower sets for a while now. I want to get them, but I have to get the botanicals to back them up or vice versa.

That is a fantastic render I love it. She kind of looks like Spawn's little sister with that cape which is awesome by the way.

Thanks!!

I wish I could get Todd McFarlane's edges like he does on Spawn's cape, but really more of a fan of his sculptures than the comics. He does amazing details! Really like Rafael Grassetti's Walking Dead style too. Check out the facial hair sculpt.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Looks like Todd's a ZBrush fan! Very nice. Used to read Spawn back in the day!
Actually, concept design is done by McFarlane, the head face on this one was created by Rafael Gassetti pretty true to the show, the body is made by a different guy and the clothing sculpted by someone else then they are tossed off to someone who does the finer details. It's all part of McFarlane toys.

The Assassin's Creed models are even more spectacular.

This is on the base.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Rather reminds me of the Slicer outfit over at Daz or Jack of Hearts. Xurge has some similar with the necromancer outift, but you have to convert from M4 to Dusk.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
If you like Assasin's Creed you should look here. I would love some of these outfits for Dusk, Dawn and Sora.

Absolutely!!! Gorgeous!! Though if you go with the Pirate style of things you could incorporate the Dusk skeleton, or HW cat with a Puss and Boots Musketeer.

Something along those lines and something sort of like Mad Max/ but with the fun side of Tank Girl.

And we are totally highjacking this thread.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Totally loving those Pen. Thanks for providing the link. I especially like the British Barrister costume. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep they are gorgeous...I would love these for our Hivewire people and yes I'll stop now.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If you like Assasin's Creed you should look here. I would love some of these outfits for Dusk, Dawn and Sora.

They really look awesome, but my question would be more of a practical nature - I suspect the details would not survive body morphs. Even putting simple buttons on a regular shirt has proven a challenge in my Office Lady outfit for Dawn and Pauline. I have spent hours fixing mangled buttons for every morph that affects the torso and chest. For that reason, I have requested SMS to add "rigidity groups" to Poser, but the feedback wasn't assuring. DS supports that, but I wonder how many CAs actually ever used it.

And that's only for buttons. All those belts going across the chest would present yet another challenge, as well as belts that go over the legs. When I think of Poser/DS rigging, I suspect it wouldn't look pretty when posed, and possibly worse when morphed into different body types (which never happens with game models).

Makes me wonder if it can be done, and at what cost for the CA. Has someone ever created something like this for Poser/DS before? I would like to see how it behaves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 325

Just a thought - regarding buttons/belts,buckles that need to stay rigid in software not supporting it. This is an idea that is the long way and I haven't done enough rigging/modelling in Poser to know how feasible it is. What if you made the Buttons or whatever their own group when created, then rigged them as "child" bones off the chest or torso (but with the dials turned off). Wouldn't this allow them to still move with the areas that morph but then stay whole themselves based on their own bed parameters and joint centers?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@KageRyu I think the buttons would sink inside the mesh or float on top of it because they would not follow the same deformations in morphs and poses. Buttons are critical because they sit right on top of the geometry, so unless they are part of it, they won't be able to keep the relative position. That's what rigidity groups are for - to keep the buttons still moving with the mesh, but keeping their size and shape unchanged. I have been asking SMS for this for about 2 years now, but I supposed it won't happen unless significantly more people would want it too.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
The Assassin's Creed models are even more spectacular.

Hmm, so now I wonder. I'm pretty sure at least one of the Assassin's Creed games used MD to create the clothing for the figures. I wouldn't be surprised if they went from that into ZBrush as far as their standard pipeline. Which is kind of interesting if you think about it. As the various 3D worlds are all advancing, it's probably going to get easier and easier for companies to make toys off of video game characters, since they can adjust and send the files to 3d printing venues, even if only to make a mold.

Makes me wonder if it can be done, and at what cost for the CA. Has someone ever created something like this for Poser/DS before? I would like to see how it behaves.

So I would look at some of Arki's stuff. They model in a *lot* of detail. Of course most of their items I have are for v4/m4 so I wonder if being made for non-weightmapped figures 'helps' in this sense. Here's an example of the angelou outfit which had both straps and buttons:

Of course I'm sure this took a lot of time to create, it also has separate movement controls for the chains and the key. I went into the setup room and checked, and this was done by adding lots of bones (not through morphs) so that might have helped with some of it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I have quite a bit of Arki's clothing. It's very nicely detailed. I also like how Aeon Soul kit bashes with the different outfits being able to mix and match. Still have to convert from V4 or M4 to Dusk and Dawn.

Dusk and Dawn need some nice plate armor along the lines of what BlueBird produces would be a + for all those fantasy type renders you could do with Harry.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Bones make sense when dealing with loose things like wide sleeves or things that hang from a belt. At first, the major challenges will be to keep the small details from exploding when the body is morphed.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@GG, there are lots of threads over at the forums that show figurines that have been made from videos and then 3D printed in fact I think many of them are now done that way. I often seen stuff at the forums that I've then seen in shops when going into comic shops and speciality shops that stock those sorts of figurines.

IIRC there are some IMM brushes that have the pins you need for creating them