• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Interesting Ken. Her headset looks futuristic, and the sword looks medieval. Is she having a problem deciding which century she wants to be in? :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@KageRyu Thanks, that headset was a low-poly piece I have remodeled in 3DSMAX to fit Dawn in Poser. The original mesh was an unusable mess of unwelded triangles that needed a lot of fixing. My new version is all quads, single mesh, I have created a dozen morphs to fit/pose it, and added MAT zones to customize the looks. I think it looks great in Octane. ^^

D

Deleted member 325

@KageRyu Thanks, that headset was a low-poly piece I have remodeled in 3DSMAX to fit Dawn in Poser. The original mesh was an unusable mess of unwelded triangles that needed a lot of fixing. My new version is all quads, single mesh, I have created a dozen morphs to fit/pose it, and added MAT zones to customize the looks. I think it looks great in Octane. ^^
It does look very nice. I always liked Anime/Tech based head wear, Cyberware, and clothing though. I get what you are saying too, I have tried to model a number of things that, even when they seem to look ok to me in Lightwave modeler, are a mess of polys, points, and N-gons that are a nightmare in Poser.

I would love to see a headset like that as a product ;) A number of small bits and pieces like these in a nice-price range could let customers piecemeal their own Anime-Tech armor/Character. Would be great I think. Morph fits for multiple characters and figures sounds great too. Makes me wish I were further on my Star Sword, would go fantastically with this type of gear.

Me195

Extraordinary
I was going to wait and see if a poser version of Supernatural Slayer Kit - An Art_of_Mind, Ghostman & NapalmArsenal Collaboration at HiveWire 3D was going to be made, but I wanted to support all of the artists involed in making it so I picked up the DS version. I'm still in the baby stages of learning DS so I converted it over to Poser and made some superfly shaders aka cycles shaders. The Supernatural Slayer Kit is so awesome it made this render for me. No seriously it did. It just kinda happened after the conversion.
It's titled "I WIN"
View media item 2701
PS should you guys make a poser version of Supernatural Slayer Kit - An Art_of_Mind, Ghostman & NapalmArsenal Collaboration at HiveWire 3D I will buy that one too. If not I'll still buy every addon that comes out for it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I was going to wait and see if a poser version of Supernatural Slayer Kit - An Art_of_Mind, Ghostman & NapalmArsenal Collaboration at HiveWire 3D was going to be made, but I wanted to support all of the artists involed in making it so I picked up the DS version. I'm still in the baby stages of learning DS so I converted it over to Poser and made some superfly shaders aka cycles shaders. The Supernatural Slayer Kit is so awesome it made this render for me. No seriously it did. It just kinda happened after the conversion.
It's titled "I WIN"
View media item 2701
PS should you guys make a poser version of Supernatural Slayer Kit - An Art_of_Mind, Ghostman & NapalmArsenal Collaboration at HiveWire 3D I will buy that one too. If not I'll still buy every addon that comes out for it.
It's possibly in the works however, we are not sure when, but may not have all the bells and whistles as the Daz version as to the way Poser handles the .mc5 files. Massive expansion set coming soonish. Still a few things that need to be tweaked and redone, but have had to take care of some RL things and can't fit all the Texture files on to the laptop and take it with me due to low disk space. So, have been working with flower sets which Lisa has set up as 1028 mat size and I can easily put those on to the laptop.
Main Image Red.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Walking Through the Woods on a Snowy Evening
Artistic Render1.jpg

Products Used: Khel'Sing expansion set, Hivewire House Cat, CWRW's Black Panther, Custom eyes, Sora for Dawn , Eyes are from Skyla for Dawn, Bat scatter from RDNA, outfit is Rogue from Xurge, Falcon is Songbird remix Birds of Prey, Background has various RDNA plants, Flare is made in Filter Forge, snow brushes from Photoshop, cape painted in PS.

Last edited:

Me195

Extraordinary
It's possibly in the works however, we are not sure when, but may not have all the bells and whistles as the Daz version as to the way Poser handles the .mc5 files. Massive expansion set coming soonish. Still a few things that need to be tweaked and redone, but have had to take care of some RL things and can't fit all the Texture files on to the laptop and take it with me due to low disk space. So, have been working with flower sets which Lisa has set up as 1028 mat size and I can easily put those on to the laptop.
View attachment 22198

No worries and no hurries. I know you guys will get to things when or if you can. Poser can be a butt to work with especially with materials, but I'm decent at recovering bells and whistles. My technical abilities with poser far exceed my artistic abilities. I look forward to the expansion it looks awesome. I've been eyeballing all of your current flower sets for a while now. I want to get them, but I have to get the botanicals to back them up or vice versa.

View attachment 22199
Products Used: Khel'Sing expansion set, Hivewire House Cat, CWRW's Black Panther, Custom eyes, Sora for Dawn , Eyes are from Skyla for Dawn, Bat scatter from RDNA, outfit is Rogue from Xurge, Falcon is Songbird remix Birds of Prey, Background has various RDAN plants, Flare is made in Filter Forge, snow brushes from Photoshop, cape painted in PS.

That is a fantastic render I love it. She kind of looks like Spawn's little sister with that cape which is awesome by the way.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
View attachment 22199
Products Used: Khel'Sing expansion set, Hivewire House Cat, CWRW's Black Panther, Custom eyes, Sora for Dawn , Eyes are from Skyla for Dawn, Bat scatter from RDNA, outfit is Rogue from Xurge, Falcon is Songbird remix Birds of Prey, Background has various RDAN plants, Flare is made in Filter Forge, snow brushes from Photoshop, cape painted in PS.

Oh, seriously very nice there, you "Terminal torch of nuclear awesomeness"!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wonderful render NA...don't know if you can do this with your laptop but with my work laptop I use a small portable external hard drive and store excess files on there as the work computer doesn't have a lot of grunt (for want of a better word).