• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My cheongsam dress tested with native support (including JCMs) for Dawn, Sora and Cats. Add support for loads of official body and localized morphs. This time I've used it plain conformed, no dynamics. I have been working on the materials, and you can freely edit cloth and pattern colors individually. Basically set them to anything you like. By now I have 32 MAT presets with 3 patterns. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. ^____^

ChinaDress_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Miss B and Mininessie! I've got some comments at DA where some Chinese guys were sad that women no longer wear cheongsam dresses anymore, unless in special occasions. Looks like this dress used to be worn everywhere in the past. :)

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This side-parted hair is my first attempt on hair modeling in over a decade. I have been chickening-out on hair modeling for long enough. IT'S HARD!!

It ended up with 8,700 faces (all quads), which is pretty good for strand hair. It's an uneven, asymmetric design, kind of Channel cut. Modeled in 3DSMAX, rendered in Poser with Firefly. Figure is Dawn with CatsEyes morph and my custom t-shirt.

SideParted Hair_Left.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks! I made the base diffuse map greyscale, so it's easy to change hair color to anything else. But I suck at texturing, so I am keeping it simple. :)

Me195

Extraordinary
This side-parted hair is my first attempt on hair modeling in over a decade. I have been chickening-out on hair modeling for long enough. IT'S HARD!!

It ended up with 8,700 faces (all quads), which is pretty good for strand hair. It's an uneven, asymmetric design, kind of Channel cut. Modeled in 3DSMAX, rendered in Poser with Firefly. Figure is Dawn with CatsEyes morph and my custom t-shirt.

View attachment 27904

Nice looking hair. Cateyes with that hair reminds me of Trinity from the Matrix.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you guys for the feedback!

I'd love to have a go Ken, and maybe do some balayage as well as highlights

I made the UVs super-simplified, overlapping all the strands on a single UV strip. The good side is that it took a couple of minutes to texture it, but a side effect is that whatever we do to 1 strip applies to them all.