• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Baby Luna Renders Here!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hee Hee! Thank you, Lisa. Dare I suggest Bluebells? I have a very clear image from my childhood day's of walking into our local woodlands in spring and seeing the whole of the ground beneath the trees covered in those tiny, but incredibly beautiful little flowers, and it's something I would dearly love to replicate in my images! Sadly, the reduction of our woodlands means they are becoming a rarity, but the sight of those glorious little plants literally turning the light beneath the trees blue is one of my most joyous memories. I'm currently working on an image at the moment, but I've been promising our Lucy I'd come up with another Diva/Luna image soon. How could I do otherwise, they just fit each other so perfectly!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Ooh. Bluebells would be lovely.

Also Moonflowers... those are my favorite flower, and they are SO hard to grow! LOL

I am Lisa. They just have such a strong and vibrant place in my memories!

I have to choose daffodils (I already have yours) as my other flower for much the same memories as above. The woodland we used to visit started in Witton Park where the local council were in the habit of planting daffodil beds along the paths which led to them, so it was natural that us being kids, got into the habit of picking a bunch to take back home with us. The downside was a very keen and officious park warden who, aware of our wily ways, used to follow us around. Truth be told we led him a merry chase at times and the only time he caught us was when our Jennifer didn't run quite fast enough and got a slap around the back of the head. It turned out well in the end though, because the following day my Uncle Stan (her father) turned up at the park lodge where the wardens gathered and, as the saying goes in these parts, 'turned his lights out for him!' We never saw him again fortunately!

Last edited:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
My memories of daffodils are that I lived in a little neighborhood tucked away in the woods where my great-great-grandmother lived in a house next door, my great-grandmother and grandmother in another house up the lane, and my aunt and uncle in yet another house across the way a bit. My grandmothers grew all kinds of lovely plants and were avid gardeners. My brother and I would sneak around the neighborhood picking daffodils and narcissus to bring home to my mom while hoping not to get caught. While they didn't see us picking them, they did notice the lack of them in the garden and it was assumed we were the flower thieves. After the scolding I think we only dared sneak to pick them one more time.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If you are looking for ideas Lisa, I'd love to see bleeding hearts. I remember seeing them when I was about 5 and was fascinated by them. Went back a couple weeks later and they were gone. They have a fairly short blooming period.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've grown them as an adult. They are still fascinating. Never tried popping them.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ooh. Bluebells would be lovely.

Also Moonflowers... those are my favorite flower, and they are SO hard to grow! LOL

I think I have finally figured out the secret to growing Moonflowers. At least this year, every seed has come up and have at least their 2nd set of leaves, some vining already.

The secret - soak the seeds overnight in water, then plant them just below the soil surface. And, if you're starting them outside, cover them with a clear cover - in a pot, PressNSeal works great, but if directly planted in the ground, recycle a clear plastic takeout container lid. The birds were stealing my seed right out of the soil and seemed to really prefer the water soaked, swollen Moonflowers over all others.

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
If you are looking for ideas Lisa, I'd love to see bleeding hearts. I remember seeing them when I was about 5 and was fascinated by them. Went back a couple weeks later and they were gone. They have a fairly short blooming period.

LOL Had to laugh. I have plenty, tons, volumes, etc of ideas. I would love to create bleeding hearts and iris and blue bonnets ... I am doing my best to simplify my day so I block out time to create plants. Send good thoughts my way!

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
I think I have finally figured out the secret to growing Moonflowers. At least this year, every seed has come up and have at least their 2nd set of leaves, some vining already.

The secret - soak the seeds overnight in water, then plant them just below the soil surface. And, if you're starting them outside, cover them with a clear cover - in a pot, PressNSeal works great, but if directly planted in the ground, recycle a clear plastic takeout container lid. The birds were stealing my seed right out of the soil and seemed to really prefer the water soaked, swollen Moonflowers over all others.

Some of the harder seeds do best this way. I like the plastic lid idea. Birds have been stealing my echinacea seeds. Good advice!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Ooh. Thank you! I am totally going to try that this year! :D