• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Second skin clothing

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes Miss B...lots of ideas for using them as they are very cool. It would be nice if poser had something similar. Ilike the fact they can be weightmapped also.

glennf

Eager
Still playing with Iray decal nodes
Purple.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, at some point I'm going to try my hand at using a GeoShell to make a super suit for the figures and then have accessories for it parent or conform to that like belts, gloves and all the rest. That way poke throughs will be a thing of the past.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yea, at some point I'm going to try my hand at using a GeoShell to make a super suit for the figures and then have accessories for it parent or conform to that like belts, gloves and all the rest. That way poke throughs will be a thing of the past.
That's what I am doing with my Spider Girl suit I did for Sydney. It works pretty well as long as the maps are good.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Rokket, I didn't think Poser had Geoshells, how did you do the supersuit for Sydney?

I didn't use a Geoshell. I simply used her templates and created textures for the suit using those so I could follow the geometry and topology closer and not have weird lines running through the texture. The materials are all Poser 11 Superfly. The webbing she is shooting was done in post. The mask and boots are modeled.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Rokket, a geoshell is like an extra skin of the character that you can use textures and shaders on. The great thing is that you can weightmap it so it will not stay exactly next to the skin...there are other features but just waking up at the moment and not clear headed enough to explain further. It means you can create things like mask or close fitting clothing but using weightmapping can move it around a bit. If you look at the picture Glenn posted of the undies you can see it's not following the crack...I would guess that he weightmapped it to get it to look more natural.

glennf

Eager
Hi Pen
I haven't figured out how to weightmap a geoshell yet because it has no mesh so I just created a crack remover morph for G8F.Any tutorials for weightmapping geoshells anywhere?

The purple panties are an Iray decal node.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The original video from daz showed a little bit of it. That's how I know it can be done. From memory it was like weightmapping clothing by using the weight map brush...it's been a long time though since I did it. You can also create weight nodes but I'm not sure if those can be used with the geoshells. I think Richard at Daz pointed me towards those when he suggested using something else to create the masks but as I said...long time ago.

glennf

Eager
Playing with normal maps.It's just an opacity and normal map that I made.This is genesis 8 Female with some dialed in morphs.
Knit.png

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I need to learn how to do this in DS.
I have a nice set of second skins for my BirKitta Dawn character that would make a great addon.
With Poser I can pretty well get it looking good but DS is a whole 'nother thing.