• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Second skin clothing

glennf

Eager
How about tattoos?

Paw Prints.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I converted second skin from V4 to Dawn and still have a bit to go to finish but so many other projects are in the way.
Some are underwear sets, a shorts and tank top set and a jeans ans top set.
But getting ti ti look that good may be more than I know how.
Maybe I need to take on a partner for some of these projects on Dawn and Dusk...sigh.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sorry for the delete, wrong image in there.
Anyway, this is some of what I want on Dawn.
I've almost finished the shorts and tank and the jeans and sweater set but still need to do the undies.
The Poser girls are pictured here, Jessi and Sydney.
Click for full view.

timeporter1a.jpg timeporter2.jpg

glennf

Eager
I converted second skin from V4 to Dawn and still have a bit to go to finish but so many other projects are in the way.
Some are underwear sets, a shorts and tank top set and a jeans ans top set.
But getting ti ti look that good may be more than I know how.
Maybe I need to take on a partner for some of these projects on Dawn and Dusk...sigh.
If you have any questions I'll try to answer them.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It may be awhile for this set, too much going on now.
Trying to finish my fantasy horses so they get in the store, at least two other Dawn sets needing tweaked and still need to tweak my creature set for Dawn and Dusk.

I really need to split into two or three people...lol.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
What about the old standby Superhero outfits? About the only drawback to doing those is you need a sock morph on the feet for boots, and a way to hide or get rid of the fingernails and belly button.

glennf

Eager
What about the old standby Superhero outfits? About the only drawback to doing those is you need a sock morph on the feet for boots, and a way to hide or get rid of the fingernails and belly button.
Yeah those are a problem.I haven't tried making morphs for many things other than a butt crack and hip morph.All I have is Hexagon for modeling but I may give it a go and see what is possible.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yeah those are a problem.I haven't tried making morphs for many things other than a butt crack and hip morph.All I have is Hexagon for modeling but I may give it a go and see what is possible.
I avoid them by rendering from the knees up. I can model the whole suit, but I wanted to see how a second skin outfit would look, so I chose Sydney G2 because of a single map for her entire body from the neck down. It's not perfect because the original mapping is not so good, but it shows what can be done. I gave up on it too fast, though. I was going to do a displacement map to make it look like a suit and make a mask. I was going to need a couple of specular masks too, to take the glow off her face, and one to take the texture off her skin and only apply it to her costume mask. I think I would have just modeled the boots. I was going to model (I made one set, it wasn't right) some web shooters anyhow...
SpiderGirl.jpg

I stopped this render about mid-way through, so you can still see the sparkling skin, but you get the idea. The mapping on her inner arms and upper back are the real issues with her map. And I think it's really all about knowing how to line everything up in the absence of a good template.