• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

seahorse for Harry

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Would a similar structure be required for the DAZ section? I set it up to be put inside the hivewire horse as all other products were designed the same way. Or is this different because it is a figure?

If you need advice on how to structure a DS item I would contact Alisa and she will provide with the correct way to do it.
DS structure does not need nor should it have a content folder at the top that is only used by items installed via DIM, the DS structure these days is a bit different to Poser's you need the texture files in the runtime>Textures but nothing else goes in the Runtime.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
There seems to be a kind of convention for the top directories in each library section.
Which is that it is the name of the artist, or company which publishes the items contained in it.
So it's like a domain in a way.
How you structure your runtime for a product is going to affect the runtimes of everyone who downloads and installs your product.
And if it is placing items in the HiveWire directories then it's making a change to HiveWire's domain.
If you submit your product with that structure it will likely be rejected because of it.
I wouldn't want some other artist or studio putting their products in my domain.
That would seem to me like it was being messed up.
Once you have bought lots of Poser products, and look at your library you would see this.
Some really old stuff has crazy structures. Like products placed at the top level.
And product names starting with the '!' character so they will be listed first.
But Poserites with a little experience easily find their content because they are used to the convention.
So they would naturally look for your stuff in FreyrStrongart.
When I buy DAZ stuff, it just has one extra level for the library at the top called 'Content' I think.
And then below that it's pretty much the same as the Poser runtime.
But then I mostly buy older stuff, or make my own, which is what I enjoy most.
ok that makes sense. Now I have to switch stuff around... again :p. I'll get there eventually.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Right... Poser seems to be getting where it should. StudioMartillo developed a nifty tool to assemble hybrid figures so that makes it possible to load a preassembled figure with specially assigned hidden faces. The poser files should soon be ready. I am also rather happy with the texturing, although the layering to create a fish overlay over the horsemat proves to be a bit tricky and not that customerfriendly to assemble. Requires some knowledge of the user in the material room but I cannot see a way to make it simpler. Poser refuses to add a layer to an existing mat if it has not been previously created. And since the horsemats don't have an additional layer the user has to add it themselves.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
This is so cool!

Don't know if you still intend this to be a freebie or to submit here for sale, but I just posted some new info that might help you either way:

Guidelines for Submitting Content for Sale at Hivewire 3D

Specifically, I would DEFINITELY put the files within the files for the Horse, rather than just under

Animals\CA Name\Product Name\

Many people reorganize their files, but for those who don't, this keeps files together for the figure it's intended for.

Hope this helps!

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
hm... I just found out that since Poser doesn't have autofollow the conforming tail does not accept any morphs different from DAZ where morphs propagate over into the pelvis area of the tail. So whatever morph influences the belly area will create an ugly gap. *sigh* Question is... how much do people need morphs in that area for the seahorse? There is a certain restriction on what horsemorphs work with the tail on DAZ too but most morphs will just require a bit of tweaking on the tail after the pelvis. So.. question... can this be a viable product without being able to use those morphs? What do you think?

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
You can always dial up all the body morphs in DAZ and export those morphs to cr2. Then the Poser version will have the auto-generated morphs from DAZ.

sounds like work... and I wonder if it is worth it. A seahorse doesn't really need that many morphs. If so then probably on the head or feet and that bit is no problem.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
ok... looks like I am about ready to have somebody test the poser stuff. Since me and poser aren't really big friends I would also appreciate some testrenders. The Matwork should be ok but I need to know it the layering and texturing works as intended. Also... a nice poser image or two would be appreciated :D. Would anybody be interested in testing?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If I was better with Poser, I would certainly do it, but I'm at about your level in Poser...maybe less. Good luck! These are going to be awesome! If you just don't get any other takers I would certainly try for you.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
hm... I just found out that since Poser doesn't have autofollow the conforming tail does not accept any morphs different from DAZ where morphs propagate over into the pelvis area of the tail. So whatever morph influences the belly area will create an ugly gap. *sigh* Question is... how much do people need morphs in that area for the seahorse? There is a certain restriction on what horsemorphs work with the tail on DAZ too but most morphs will just require a bit of tweaking on the tail after the pelvis. So.. question... can this be a viable product without being able to use those morphs? What do you think?

ISN'T THIS TAIL FOR harry- HW HORSE? sorry stuck in caps....you said "DAZ 2", so I'm confused...you can tell how much I want this...

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
There are apparently some issues with Poser that don't work the same way as DS, so, no Poser, yet.
And yes, Daz Studio, not DAZ.com for the seahorse for Harry.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
There are apparently some issues with Poser that don't work the same way as DS, so, no Poser, yet.
And yes, Daz Studio, not DAZ.com for the seahorse for Harry.
actually there is a poser version... it doesn't work quite as well as the DAZ version because of not having geograft but I think it should be fine. I hope I can soon put it back into Q&A as I had to do quite a few revisions. Let's hope it will be out in July.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
actually there is a poser version... it doesn't work quite as well as the DAZ version because of not having geograft but I think it should be fine. I hope I can soon put it back into Q&A as I had to do quite a few revisions. Let's hope it will be out in July.
Sorry for mis quoting! Yay for Poser version, too!