• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Sea and Surf

Seebee

3dsMax work,

eyes.jpg

Wave.jpg

oops.jpg

Szark

Awesome
Nice work is that a mesh that can be exported. Love to play with my Iray water shader on that. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, those are amazing "surfing" renders. Nicely done. I think I have a SuperFly water shader that might work nicely with that.

Seebee

Well, thanks a lot. :)

@ Szark The mesh is very simple as you see. Just a Prim.Tube really.

@ Miss B. That "SuperFly" sounds interesting. I usually refrain from fancy renderers 'cause of the time they take !
For interests sake the render time for the wave was well less then 30 seconds. It's amazing what you can get away with !

And many thanks, skylab for the very kind words.

I hope I'm not out of line adding this latest thing. Not really a picture as such.
I guess really it might be placed in another thread?
Sorry if it's not in the right place. It's just to give an idea of the Max Scene etc for those waves.

MaxWaveTxt.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I hope I'm not out of line adding this latest thing. Not really a picture as such.
I guess really it might be placed in another thread?

This is your thread, Seebee, you can put whatever you like in it...

And may I also say "WOW!", those are amazing!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@ Miss B. That "SuperFly" sounds interesting. I usually refrain from fancy renderers 'cause of the time they take!
SuperFly is based on the Blender Cycles render engine, and I'm still learning how to use it, since it just made it's debut in the latest Poser11/PoserPro11 update which came out end of last year. FireFly has been the default render engine for Poser for years, but they added SuperFly for more options, and water would probably be a great example of how well SuperFly can render, and I haven't seen any undue length of time when using SuperFly, but then again, I haven't used it for anything like this. I do know the once or twice I used Cycles in Blender, it did take a little longer, but still not longer than I thought it would take.