Sea and Surf

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Seebee, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Seebee

Seebee Member

3dsMax work,

eyes.jpg

Wave.jpg

oops.jpg

Carey, Chris, Pendraia and 1 other person like this.
  2. Szark

Szark Energetic

Nice work is that a mesh that can be exported. Love to play with my Iray water shader on that. :)

3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

WOW, those are amazing "surfing" renders. Nicely done. I think I have a SuperFly water shader that might work nicely with that.

4. skylab

skylab Distinguished

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful work :)

5. Seebee

Seebee Member

Well, thanks a lot. :)

@ Szark The mesh is very simple as you see. Just a Prim.Tube really.

@ Miss B. That "SuperFly" sounds interesting. I usually refrain from fancy renderers 'cause of the time they take !
    For interests sake the render time for the wave was well less then 30 seconds. It's amazing what you can get away with !

And many thanks, skylab for the very kind words.

I hope I'm not out of line adding this latest thing. Not really a picture as such.
    I guess really it might be placed in another thread?
    Sorry if it's not in the right place. It's just to give an idea of the Max Scene etc for those waves.

MaxWaveTxt.jpg

6. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

This is your thread, Seebee, you can put whatever you like in it...

And may I also say "WOW!", those are amazing!

Pendraia likes this.
  7. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

SuperFly is based on the Blender Cycles render engine, and I'm still learning how to use it, since it just made it's debut in the latest Poser11/PoserPro11 update which came out end of last year. FireFly has been the default render engine for Poser for years, but they added SuperFly for more options, and water would probably be a great example of how well SuperFly can render, and I haven't seen any undue length of time when using SuperFly, but then again, I haven't used it for anything like this. I do know the once or twice I used Cycles in Blender, it did take a little longer, but still not longer than I thought it would take.

8. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Hmm, I have to admit it never occurred to me to use a tube to model the form for the wave in Blender.