• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Satira Capriccio Sneak Peeks

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Character, Clothing, Poses, and Props are complete. Yay!

Poses are based on "one of a kind" (OOAK) art dolls I thought were cool.

LT 01.png
LT 02.png
LT 03.png
LT 04.png
LT 05.png
LT 06.png
LT 07.png
LT 08.png
LT 09.png
LT 10.png
LT 11.png
LT 12.png
LT 13.png
LT 14.png
LT 15.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Niiiiice. I just realized that plant pot has an uneven height. That makes it very interesting looking. Nice. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have FINALLY submitted this to HiveWire.

Seriously?!? I'm a professional procrastinator! Which only makes it difficult when trying to remember just what's been done and not done in preparing a product(s) for submission. Hold up on this wasn't so much getting promos finished (although, I hadn't yet done the Newsletter promo), but working entirely too many hours (including weekends and holidays) in that "other, not so much fun" job.

The one that pays all the bills.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I am rather fond of him. I wanted ruffles on his clothing (neck and wrists), but they proved to be too much a challenge for me when rigging the Shirt and Doublet. I had to remodel the Shirt and Doublet three times to get the area under the arms to behave properly, so had I gone with ruffles the Eirc set would never have seen the light of day!

I do love his walking stick.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like all the props you created for him, but I'm really partial to his pipe. That's always been the type of pipe a "gentleman" would have. I don't particularly like the usual small, straight pipes, but one like Eirc's always gets my attention. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looks solid Satira. Very cool, thanks for submitting him and getting him over the finish line. Now we need to do the same with some of what we've got going on.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris.

I am so glad he is in the store. I am so looking forward to my next project, which as you know, is a wee bit dependent on what you've got going on.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I find research for each of my products to be as enjoyable as actually creating the product. Through research for Nai'a, I discovered the Merrie Monarch Festival, which is held in Hilo, Hawaiʻi. I'd really only thought of hula as tourist entertainment. Then I watched videos from the Kane (Men) Hula Kahiko (ancient/traditional) competition.

Ke Kai O Kahiki absolutely blew me away with their 2009 performance. Not sure what the female commentator is talking about with "the lighting of the wick and the ramrod used to load the cannon." Perhaps, "lighting of the wick," "ramrod used to load the cannon" are euphemisms for impregnating a woman. Regardless, after watching multiple videos and looking through the Merry Monarch galleries, I have an entirely different view of the hula.

A Hula Unearthed

2009 Merrie Monarch Men Kahiko Winners - Ke Kai O Kahiki

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW! It's been over 4 decades since I was in Hawai'i, and I don't recall if we saw that type of production of a hula. I think we only saw a group of females doing what most would consider a hula. I've known there were more "interesting" hulas performed by men, but this is the first time I've seen one, so thank you for that.

So, am I correct in assuming Nai'a will be a girl from Hawai'i? ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Do a search on YouTube for Merrie Monarch, and you will find a lot of videos of the male dancers. The Merrie Monarch Festival is a week long event and the Hula competition is just one part of it.

When we were in Hawaii in the early 80s, we did go to the Polynesian Cultural Center on Oahu, but I remember nothing about it. Really, what I remember from Oahu is the drunk couple in the elevator. The husband was all googly eyed (and handsy) over how muscular John was. The guy actually grabbed John's upper arm. Both of us were so shocked, we just stood there. But when we got off the elevator, we cracked up over it.

However, I absolutely loved the few days we spent with my second cousin and her husband (who was Hawaiian) on Maui. Everyone we met treated us like we were family. Well, considering Renee and I were cousins, we were family.