• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Satira Capriccio Sneak Peeks

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Finally ... Deirdre, Boho Deirdre, and Deirdre's Lament (Character, Clothing, Poses) have been submitted to HiveWire.

Deirdre for Dawn Store Thumbnail.jpg
BD for Dawn Store Thumbnail.jpg
DL for Dawn StoreThumbnail.jpg

Fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From the toppish back

Currently all the "scales/petals" are the same material zone, but if I make the bottom 5 around the center ornament a different zone, they could be tinted a light green.

I also have pokethrough on the back scales when the crown is subdivided. Oopsie.

upload_2018-3-19_18-38-7.png

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
um.... the bottom 'brim' of the crown makes it look more like a hat to me... just IMHO... you know, of course I'll be buying anything you make! :)

love the 'sandals' !!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne!

It was really difficult trying to figure out what to call the thing. I looked at a LOT of pictures of ancient greek sculptures and caryatids and was intrigued by the whosit that some were shown wearing. Which turns out to be a stephane ... which is a metal arc like a fancy headband that is higher in the center than along the sides. Artimis/Diana is frequently shown as wearing one.

upload_2018-3-19_23-25-48.png
upload_2018-3-19_23-27-0.png

I even thought about doing a hairstyle similar to these, but I'd be putting together all those little strips of "hair" for the next two years.

I finally decided what the heck ... I wasn't going for exact replicas of ancient greek clothing for my Boeotian muse, soo ... let's just play. And, the more I played, the more it took shape. I'd seen a scaled headdress and really liked the look, so I created a "scale", then struggled to figure out how to incorporate it. The little valley between two of the "brims" was perfect for nestling a bunch of them. So, voila!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'm liking this. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for this set. :)