• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Rodrigo in Superfly

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That's the nice thing about Superfly, Dragonsegg! Other than SSS skin, none of your Poser materials have to be changed to render in Superfly. You certainly CAN change them, but you don't have to do so.

I've used Luxrender (Pose2Lux), Reality, Octane and Cycles in Blender and the easiest PBR for Poser is Superfly.

Actually I am going to have to convert Harry MATs- while not SSS they do not work correctly in Superfly. The lighter colored coats like the Unicorn and Arab do ok but like the black Friesian or even base Harry not so well.. :( Working on it!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The good news!!! I converted Rodrigo and am loving him in SF now! Here are some tests.

Laurie

converted shaders for Rodrigo using Superfly with default P11 lights
RodrigoSuperflyDefault.jpg

converted Rodrigo using Superfly with Warm N Soul Lights Very Neutral R
RSS_SF_WNSlts.jpg

non-converted Rodrigo using Firefly with Warm N Soul Very Neutral R

RFF_FireflyWNS.jpg

All were rendered with the P11 ground so the rim lights used in the WNS light set don't show here.

So anyway the good news is I will be making the new MATs for Superfly and hope to have this free update available to all this coming week. Thanks so much to Snarly!!!!
Hoping to get to doing the iRay conversions/update too this week.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say!!

I've been playing with EZSkin 2 in P9 with some success, but haven't tried EZSkin 3 yet in PP11, and certainly don't feel confident enough to even play in Superfly yet. Nicely done Laurie. ;)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks all! Here is playing with starting from scratch with P11 lights- one thing I did notice is I got much better results when I subdivided Dusk to 2. A simple 3 light set up here with one being a spec rim light with no shadows.

Laurie

RodrigoSuperflyTest1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
DAMN! Where is Alisa when I need the smelling salts????? ~pant, pant, pant, pant, pant~

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL gals!

So I have the Superfly base shaders all sorted out finally- just need to apply the various options and save out the MATs, etc. Working on the iRay MATs tomorrow (had to hop on the Shetland for a couple of days, so got behind on this project).

Laurie

RodrigoSuperflyHW.jpg