• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved Rodrigo in Superfly

Are any of the renders in the CWRW Rodrigo Preview and Render Thread done in Superfly? I finally got around to playing with him and am trying to learn superfly at the same time and he comes out black and white except for the eyes. He is as handsome as ever but I can't get him to render in color. I figure I must be doing something very stupid but can't figure it out. If I disconnect the nodes that give superfly errors things get even worse and his skin renders flat white.

Edit: Just tried base dusk and he renders the same so this is not a Rodrigo issue.

RodrigoSuperfly.jpg

Last edited:

Darryl

Adventurous
Don't have Poser 11 but I've seen some good threads on RDNA I think, about converting materials to Superfly. I'd probably just download the free EZSkin 3 script and go from there.

EZskin3 does not support Dusk or Genesis and Genesis 2 unfortunately so guess I will be fooling around and it may actually help me learn. I just hate to mess with CWRW's textures because they are so nice.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
If you are a member at PFDLives, parkdalegardener posted a Dusk EZSkin3 setup over there. Maybe ask him to come and post it here since there are so many Dusk users here. I would post a render for you, but I am in the middle of a different Superfly render now.

Darryl

Adventurous
EZSkin 3 doesn't support Hivewire figures? That's surprising as EZ 2 supports any figure, including Genesis, once I set it up. I'd have to think they'd add functionality like that at some point.

They support Dawn but not Dusk. Hopefully they will add Dusk and Genesis and Genesis 2 as I like to use a lot of different figures.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
EZSkin 3 doesn't support Hivewire figures? That's surprising as EZ 2 supports any figure, including Genesis, once I set it up. I'd have to think they'd add functionality like that at some point.

No, no, no.......they do support Hivewire figures. Please don't make that mistake. There's just no default configuration file for Dusk. Or Roxie, or Rex, or Alyson.......lots of figures. Like EZSkin2, it's very simple to set up your own figures using the Editor and save the configuration file.

It's just that Dusk doesn't happen to have a default configuration file. That's all.

OK I apologize for saying they don't support Dusk my terminology was off. I just meant there was no default setting.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sorry- yes I will be doing a free update for Rodrigo- adding Superfly MATs as well as iRay MATs- I am still learning Superfly too so please be patient!:) I didn't want to hold up his release to add Superfly and iRay since I need some time to get it sorted out:) I will also be updating my other products as well to include Superfly and iRay MATs as I can fit them in.

Don't be sorry, there are so many rendering engines now that it must be impossible to keep up, and I have been experimenting. ;) Some good results and some bad. But I did put the Rodrigo texture on Dawn and then used the EZskin3 Dawn preset with a little tweaking. She doesn't look half bad although I won't be rendering her in a low cut shirt and short skirt. I don't know if someone tried your Rodrigo skin on Dawn in the other thread but here is my Superfly rendition. I kind of like the eyebrows. It makes a character that is unique, and also shows that your texture will be really nice with Superfly.

DawnRodrigo.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh wow! That is a trip!:) Looks good!
Yeah it's a bit of a trick playing 'keep up with the Jones's" texture-wise these days:)
Thanks for sharing!!

Darryl

Adventurous
Don't be sorry, there are so many rendering engines now that it must be impossible to keep up, and I have been experimenting. ;) Some good results and some bad. But I did put the Rodrigo texture on Dawn and then used the EZskin3 Dawn preset with a little tweaking. She doesn't look half bad although I won't be rendering her in a low cut shirt and short skirt. I don't know if someone tried your Rodrigo skin on Dawn in the other thread but here is my Superfly rendition. I kind of like the eyebrows. It makes a character that is unique, and also shows that your texture will be really nice with Superfly.

View attachment 3426

Couldn't you save that out as a material file and then just apply it to Dusk? They have the same material zones. Or could you copy the editor settings (by hand) and create a new config file for Dusk?

She looks good though. Just needs some lipstick. Does Rodrigo come with make up options, lol.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I did grab EZSKin3... now I just need to sit down and do it! I am sure I will want to tweak them but sure looks like a great place to start. Was working on some new Dusk hunkiness today ;) So I def need to get the Superfly MATs sorted out soon.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You could try loading Dusk as a morph for Dawn and dialing him in...could even export Rodrigo as an object and load him so you could still do Rodrigo using just Dawn...

I think I just need to figure out what the nodes do in superfly. I think I have been trying to use too many render engines. Reality, Iray and now Superfly for the PBR engines. I just need to settle on one and use it. So far the one that is easiest for me to understand is Reality but it definitely has some issues, like it can't do the hair for that beautiful wolf that Alessandro_AM has. So I am going to give Superfly a try for a bit. I also have been commanded to learn how to use Blender by my spouse so he can have modeling support to do some 3d printing. And since Superfly is an offshoot of the Cycles engine in blender it might just be killing two birds with one stone.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I think I just need to figure out what the nodes do in superfly. I think I have been trying to use too many render engines. Reality, Iray and now Superfly for the PBR engines. I just need to settle on one and use it. So far the one that is easiest for me to understand is Reality but it definitely has some issues, like it can't do the hair for that beautiful wolf that Alessandro_AM has. So I am going to give Superfly a try for a bit. I also have been commanded to learn how to use Blender by my spouse so he can have modeling support to do some 3d printing. And since Superfly is an offshoot of the Cycles engine in blender it might just be killing two birds with one stone.

That's the nice thing about Superfly, Dragonsegg! Other than SSS skin, none of your Poser materials have to be changed to render in Superfly. You certainly CAN change them, but you don't have to do so.

I've used Luxrender (Pose2Lux), Reality, Octane and Cycles in Blender and the easiest PBR for Poser is Superfly.