• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

robert952

Brilliant
and they cost almost $30 at Target. I think they were about $5 back then. I just checked. A classic version, with wood is about $80 on ebay.
View attachment 71627 :D
I bought two sets and combined them into one tin for when grandson visits. They are plastic pieces not wood as you imply. He enjoys building with them. In fact last week he spent a few days with us. This was the first toy he got out (along with the Lincoln Logs). You can't beat toys that encourage imaginative play. I got the two as a 'half off' sale at a popup toy shop a couple of years ago.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this from school???
1638197633405.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I bought two sets and combined them into one tin for when grandson visits. They are plastic pieces not wood as you imply. He enjoys building with them. In fact last week he spent a few days with us. This was the first toy he got out (along with the Lincoln Logs). You can't beat toys that encourage imaginative play. I got the two as a 'half off' sale at a popup toy shop a couple of years ago.
The new sets made today are made out of plastic. But as you can see in the pic I posted, when I was about 4 or 5, they were made out of wood.

robert952

Brilliant
Cast iron seems to last forever.
Yep, if you season it right and keep it that way. And NEVER use soap to clean it! I have a 12 in and 6 in great shape. (And eclark's looks right, too.) Another 12 inch needs serious work as it has rust. But I have the ones I need so it will be a while before I season that one.

I quit grilling steaks and use the iron skillet. Marinate steaks (find a nice acidic/oil balance and spices you like for your marinate recipe). Cook until internal temp for how you want it cooked. (For me: 140F and then rest for 5 minutes. Medium cooked - perfect. Best investment I made was a good meat thermometer.

(Why am I suddenly hungry?)

eclark1894

Visionary
Merry first day of the month for Christmas everyone! My Christmas season always begins with one song bu Charles Brown (not that one, the singer) :)
Bells will be ringin' the sad, sad news
Oh, what a Christmas to have the blues
My baby's gone, I have no friends
To wish me greetings once again
Choirs will be singin' Silent Night
Christmas carols by candlelight
Please come home for Christmas, please come home for Christmas
If not for Christmas, by New Year's night.

eclark1894

Visionary
Christmas story time. When I was about 4 or 5, I wanted to see Santa Claus, so I waited until everyone fell asleep, and I snuck down the stairs until I could see the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, he had already come. All the gifts were underneath the tree including a shiny new bike I had asked for.:D

unreal

Noteworthy
It's not Christmas until I hear the Charlie Brown music. I have a hard time with Christmas in Summer. It just doesn't work for me. I've tried calendar shifting it but that doesn't work either. Sigh.... It's like Thanksgiving. I've lost it. I can't stand Turkey any more (after years of not having it. I found that it's an acquired taste and it can be lost. Those 2 holidays are so bundled in my mind with warmth and such and now they're lost.

unreal

Noteworthy
When I was wee little because of the commercials for this I thought it was watching it fiz up and bubble that was relieving. I mean, why wouldn't it be, I thought it as amazing to watch.
I thought I was the only one who thought that!

eclark1894

Visionary
My mother used to have one of these when I was little. I tried to hold onto it one time, but it got away from me. Never touched it again.
1638456104815.png