• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? Do they still even make them?
1634683240233.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember This? I never owned one. I would always hope one of my nieces would get one for Christmas, but they never did. Ironically, when we got older, I was the one who really got into baking. :sneaky:
1634730099287.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Looking back on when I was a little nappy headed boy,
Then my only worry was for Christmas what would be my toy?

That song actually does take me back to my childhood. I was raised by a single mother, my father had died on the job, two years after I was born, and so we were poor, black and lived in the South. But we got by. When I was a little older, occasionally, my brother and I would go over to my oldest sister's house and play with her children, my nieces and nephews.My oldest nephew taught me how to write my name the summer before I started first grade.
Anyway, where my sister lived, there was a thrift store, and occasionally we would go in and play with some of the toys the thrift shop had to sell. One day they had a small toy cash register that looked like this:
1634785258161.png

eclark1894

Visionary
The first eleven and a half years of my life were spent growing up in a housing project. I honestly don't remember how we kept cool in the summer. The heat didn't seem to bother us kids that much, and as much as I can remember, we had no fans, unless you count the little church fans we got in church every Sunday.
1634916045297.png

I didn't even know what an airconditioner was. Movies were cool, but we couldn't always afford to go to one.

Heat though was a different animal. We had these early on when I was growing up.
1634915851660.png

Sometime though, When I was growing up we switched over to these.
1634915915410.png

eclark1894

Visionary
We had a washing machine like this one when I was growing up. I was scared of it though because I caught my my hand in the wringer one time, and I would never go near it again.
1635033242095.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Something I had heard before, but somehow I never made the connection, but it seems that The Lone Ranger and the Green Hornet were related. The Green Hornet's secret identity, Brit Reid was actually The Lone Ranger's nephew's son.
1635043654693.png

DanaTA

Distinguished

I can't imagine anyone not remembering The Lone Ranger and Tanto. I used to love watching Westerns in my youth.

There were so many in the late 50s and early 60s. Gunsmoke, The Rifle Man, The Big Valley, Bonanza, The Virginian, Paladin (Have Gun, Will Travel), The Real McCoys, Daniel Boone, Davey Crocket, Wagon Train, Rawhide, Branded, The Wild, Wild West...it goes on and on!

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember all of those, except maybe Branded. That doesn't ring any bells, so to speak, but all the others, especially Gunsmoke, do.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I remember all of those, except maybe Branded. That doesn't ring any bells, so to speak, but all the others, especially Gunsmoke, do.
Chuck Conners, of Rifleman fame...soldier in the Civil War, falsely accused of abandoning his post and fellow soldiers during a battle.

Dana