• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Personal Memory here: This individual was known as "The Peanut Man" mainly because that's what all the kids called him. Whenever we would go downtown in Raleigh, NC, and visit the state capitol buillding, he would be there, feeding the pigeons peanuts. As I undestand, he retired in the 70s, kept feeding pigeons, everyday until he died in the 80s. This picture was taken in the 70s or late 60s. You can tell because Fayetteville Street behind him is decorated for the used to be annual Christmas Parade, and there's a Radio Shack in the picture. Most of those buildings in the background are gone now.
1634319660106.png

eclark1894

Visionary
So I went to my supermarket this morning, took some pictures, looks like the supply line is tightening. But that's not what I noticed. Saw a big sturdy bike propped up on one of the light posts outside. It made me do a double take because I thought it was one of these... an electric bike. I don't think I've seen one since the 70s, but I understand they may be making a comeback.
1634389548594.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this? I use to really enjoy this show. Came on Friday nights right after the second episode of Batman for the week. Believe it or not, three of these actors are still alive. Would have been amusing if Quantum Leap had done a crossover.
1634405352961.png

Terre

Renowned
Got a question. Anyone can answer and there is no right or wrong answer. I was on You Tube and a host said that he disliked candy corn and that no one likes it. Well, I do. It's not my favorite Halloween candy, but I like it. So my question to you is do you like or hate candy corn and why?
View attachment 71207
I actually had to track down the order number for candy corn from our main supplier. It was a customer request and sells regularly..

DanaTA

Distinguished
Unique texture to these. I've always liked them, though I'm not sure why. They certainly don't taste like peanuts! :D

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
I used to love these as a kid. I still do. I just can't and don't buy them much anymore. If for some reason, we couldn't get the ice cream sandwich, there was always the popscicle. Neat thing, they came with two sticks and if we ate enough of them, we could build things with the sticks.
1634596231418.png
1634596476201.png

robert952

Brilliant
Anybody ever have these stuck to your refrigerator growing up?
View attachment 71250
Not when I was growing up. But they were a common sight on the fridge when I had kids. And my son put up a couple of steel plates at 'kid level' in his house which included these letters, animals, fruits, map pieces (countries and states) and colored geometric shapes. They served as a great education aid for my grandson.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I found my high school junior yearbook picture!:D Just so you know, as far as I know, this is the only pic of me on the Internet.
I wouldn't even know where to look for something like that. I doubt I still have my high school year book.

The only photos of me I ever had (though don't recall if I still have them) are the photos from my two passports when I was doing a lot of overseas traveling back in the '60s and '70s.

eclark1894

Visionary
I wouldn't even know where to look for something like that. I doubt I still have my high school year book.

The only photos of me I ever had (though don't recall if I still have them) are the photos from my two passports when I was doing a lot of overseas traveling back in the '60s and '70s.
I found this on a site called Classmates. com. Yes, you will have to join to find any meaningful info. I lost my yearbook years ago, and I was going to try and get another. I knew you could buy old yearbooks through your high school. but I did expect the price to be high. Accoding to Classmates, it will cost about 99$.