• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Terre

Renowned
They come in a large variety of flavors now. Never ate them when I was young. Funny story: my bones are so narrow that I can fold my hand and reach down in those cans to pull the chips out. Had my husband going "You're not supposed to be able to do that as an adult!"

eclark1894

Visionary
Chiterlings? Given what I was told they are I've never been interested. LOL Pork skins or cracklings are another matter.
Believe it or not, they're delicious with vinegar and hot sauce. Only thing, buy them already processed. They are one of the original slave foods.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? Don't feel bad, I didn't either. I honestly thought the government didn't sell these anymore. So why am I thinking about them?? I was looking up some info on actor Tony Dow from Leave It To Beaver fame, and it showed an episode called the Lost Episode. I think I actually remember seeing that episode before, but it was about buying savings Bonds.
1633749659400.png

eclark1894

Visionary
That lost episode also reminded me of these. Savings Stamps. I remember these from a long time ago. I had to look it up though, and Google said the Post Office discontinued Savings Stamps in June 1970.
1633750024913.png

Terre

Renowned
Believe it or not, they're delicious with vinegar and hot sauce. Only thing, buy them already processed. They are one of the original slave foods.
I believe you but i didn't grow up eating menudo or Rocky Mountain oysters either so I'm afraid it doesn't really strike me as food. All three are good use of odds and ends of animal meat though. No wasted food when you do things like that.

eclark1894

Visionary
A bit of sad history to tell here. I was about 4 or five at the time. My brother Harry didn't want to join the army, so instead he joined The Peace Corps. I don't know exactly what happened, but I understand that he experimented with some drugs and overdosed. It messed up his mind and he was never the same again. I'm real low on sympathy or compassion for anyone who wants to legalize drugs. This, of course, was back in the 60s. This was also the first time in my life that I was ever in an airport, when we had to go pick him up.
1633826768429.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??? Back in the 80's these were the hats to have. I was watching tv tonight and spotted it on Pam Grier's head in "Jackie Brown".
1633907086185.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Just finished watching The Ed Sullivan show on Metv. I takes me back to my childhood on Sunday nights when This character would be on. I was only 4 or 5, but I loved him.
1633919400332.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Another popular car of the 80s. I have mixed feelings about the car. The car itself is cool. I wasn't crazy about the horn. Even back in the 80s it was considered kind of racist by blacks. But it was the flag that got me into trouble. I have to admit that I always thought the Confederate flag was kind of cool (stylewise) I went on a school trip to Williamsburg one year and at the park store I bought a Confederate hat. Hey, I didn't know. At the time I thought it was just a cool cowboy hat. But it was gray, The other hats were all dark blue and looked black to me. Only the bad guys wore black hats. My (white) teacher, (Mrs. Crutchfield) freaked out. But I had already bought it by then and we had left. She had me keep it in the bag on the bus on the way home. There was a confederate flag on the hat, so I peeled it off and used the hat as a cowboy hat.
So when the Dukes of Hazzard came on it the 80s. My brother and I ignored the flag, but we loved the show.
1633954324692.png

robert952

Brilliant
Just finished watching The Ed Sullivan show on Metv. I takes me back to my childhood on Sunday nights when This character would be on. I was only 4 or 5, but I loved him.
View attachment 71185
I had to look up this tidbit. Mom thought it was 5 people needed to work this tiny puppet. Only 3. Still, considering how small Topo was, that's a lot of hands involved. Considering the size of some of the Muppets, this was still quite a puppeteering feat.

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember when I first saw these things back in the 70s. I thought they were so cool! But I have to admit, I thought the Pet rock was just stupid.
1634126863697.png
1634127001360.png
1634127155567.png