• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these?
My mother used to buy large tins of these for Christmas. Now, not only can I not find the candy, I can't find the tins they used to come in.
1634157340801.png
PS: You can order the candy online if you want. $27.50 for a five lb. bag. Still no tin.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Try Vermont Country Store. They have a lot of stuff that is distinctly retro.

I remember hard candy and ribbon candy at Whatsmas, too. Tended to melt unevenly and slice your tongue to ribbons.

aqua1955

20211014_212811.jpg

When old people clear their home you don't expect finding these. They are winding keys for old pocket watches. I keep them as my treasure, because you never know which watch you can give back its time

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember when your mama made you take a spoonful of this stuff? My mother would mix it with cough syrup to make it taste better. Didn't work:sneaky: Of course, there was always ... that other stuff.
1634252791714.png
1634252904123.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember on Christmas morning, my brother and I had just gotten skates for Christmas, so we took them down to the basketball court and rolled around.
1634253201827.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Got a question. Anyone can answer and there is no right or wrong answer. I was on You Tube and a host said that he disliked candy corn and that no one likes it. Well, I do. It's not my favorite Halloween candy, but I like it. So my question to you is do you like or hate candy corn and why?
1634257240800.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Candy corn is OK. I prefer the one with the chocolate at the bottom. Not fantastic, but OK. If nobody liked it, they wouldn't still be making it! Companies are in business to make money, not throw it away. If nobody liked it, nobody would buy it.

Dana

robert952

Brilliant
Got a question. Anyone can answer and there is no right or wrong answer. I was on You Tube and a host said that he disliked candy corn and that no one likes it. Well, I do. It's not my favorite Halloween candy, but I like it. So my question to you is do you like or hate candy corn and why?
View attachment 71207
That's the problem with an inclusive 'everyone' or 'no one'. Only takes one person to prove it wrong.

It's a dirty job, but I will take one for the team.

Yes, I like candy corn. And some time this month I will likely get a bag. However, given the choice between candy corn and a Mars bar...well, you probably can guess which would be my favorite. (Heck, even a candied apple would place a bit higher.)

What's not to like? Four of the ingredients are sweeteners. Throw in some carcinogenic dyes...what's life without a bit of carcinogenic risk?

Viola!

Following from this video link at Businessinsider.com. Spoiler alert: You may not like a couple of the other 5 ingredients not shown, but you likely already know where JELLO comes from anyway. But the text (colored by me to separate the ingredients listed) in the video starts with this:

"Candy corn isn't just sugar. It's actually made up of several ingredients, including sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's glaze, salt, dextrose, gelatin, sesame oil, artificial flavor, honey, yellow 6, yellow 5, and red 3."

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I used to love candy corn when I was a kid. As and adult it is too sugary for me (and I have eaten frosting out of the can).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'll eat candy corn, if that's the only option available when I'm craving something sweet. But I'd far rather have chocolate.

I won't touch peeps though. Not for love nor money!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I outgrew the flavor of candy corn, it's just too sweet for me these days.

Now Chocolate . . . I can eat that 24 hours a day and not get tired of it. I do prefer dark chocolate, and even though it's said to be healthier than milk chocolate, it irritates my sinuses more than milk chocolate.

You ask, how does someone who's allergic to the one food she absolutely adores, manage to eat it? Sometimes, not that easily. I do, however, eat cookies with chocolate in them, rather than chocolate candy. It's been many years since I would sit and consume 1/2 a large bag of M&Ms in one sitting. Man those were the days.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'll eat candy corn, if that's the only option available when I'm craving something sweet. But I'd far rather have chocolate.

I won't touch peeps though. Not for love nor money!
I like peeps, but I'll admit, I not a kid anymore. Can't take all that sugar. And I'll eat a box of Lucky Charms as a snack.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I like peeps, but I'll admit, I not a kid anymore. Can't take all that sugar. And I'll eat a box of Lucky Charms as a snack.
I used to eat the Charms out of the box, just the Charms. Have you seen the commercial? They just announced a new product. Lucky Charms...just the Charms! Dangerous! I have to stay away!

Dana