• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this???? Jerry Seinfeld used it!
1650839147736.png

unreal

Noteworthy
Well I read an interview with Leonard Nemoy, and he said it was something he remembered from when he was a child attending a Jewish holiday with his family at their Jewish Temple, and that it just came to him when he was filming the first scene where he needed to, in some way, show a sign of saying hello to someone from another planet. I don't recall which episode, or the scene, but that hand sign has nothing to do with a Vulcan "giving someone the finger".
Sure, that's the PR version. But if you got Leonard drunk you got the real story :p :D

unreal

Noteworthy
Remember this???? I had one once. Radio Shack called it "The Weathercube."
View attachment 73765
Speaking of... Remember Radio Shack? And the TRS-80? This is the first PC I programmed on:
2560px-TRS-80_Color_Computer_1_front_right.jpg

Quickly hit the wall on BASIC and switched to Assembler. Writing an imitation of Atari Adventure. Also an immitation of the game "Swashbuckler" that was on the Apple II. Which was on a rich friends computer. The TRS-80 color was another friend. We were too poor for computers or software :)

However, I learned because Dad was a scientist and I played with his office mainframes in the evening. His way of babysitting me, to give mom a break. Eventually, I based an entire career on that stuff. Good job dad!

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of... Remember Radio Shack? And the TRS-80? This is the first PC I programmed on:
View attachment 73773
Quickly hit the wall on BASIC and switched to Assembler. Writing an imitation of Atari Adventure. Also an immitation of the game "Swashbuckler" that was on the Apple II. Which was on a rich friends computer. The TRS-80 color was another friend. We were too poor for computers or software :)

However, I learned because Dad was a scientist and I played with his office mainframes in the evening. His way of babysitting me, to give mom a break. Eventually, I based an entire career on that stuff. Good job dad!
I remember when the TRS-80 first came out. My brother and I wanted to get one so bad. But it cost $600. My brother eventually did get one, but he wouldn't let me near it. Hmm, come to think of it, I think I still have an IBM PS something in the shed outside. :)