• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RAMWorks Tutorials: PP2 and HR2 to figure

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Load up Dawn or Dusk and then deselect the figure.

Load in the hr2 or pp2 file, it will load at the bottom of the Scene list.

NOTE: DO NOT MOVE THE HAIR prop, DO NOT!

NOTE: IF it's a hair prop and the hair loads too high or too low or back a bit or too forward you will need to move and resize Dawn or Dusk to fit that prop pretty much perfectly. So in the image you see below (Alisa you may remember this prop as it's from Apollo, called the Blunt Cut :) ) it loaded in high and slightly backwards so using the Y translation dial I moved Dawn's body backwards (I turned off the top two layers of the hair in the Surfaces tab to make sure Dawn's head was were it needed to be. I then used the Scale all dial and scaled her body up to the correct height to match the height of the hair.

I then ran the transfer utility with the vary basics:

a: Source: Scene Item: Select your figure, like Dawn or Dusk...
Item Shape: Current

b: Target: Scene Item: Converted prop name will be in the drop down, select that!
Item Shape: Default (leave this setting alone for this transfer)

Projection Template: You can play around with DVL's templates if you want but they are not necessary!

Keep "Smart Left / Right Filtering" on

"User Near Vertices" or "User Adaptive Tolerance" off

General Options, leave at default and make sure and add a check mark to the "Reverse Source Shape from Target"!

Keep the "Fit to Source" on and you can check the "Add Smoothing Modifier" if you so desire.

Click Accept and let it run. The Hair SHOULD now be a figure parented to Dawn or Dusk's head.

Next step, test the hair. Make sure it moves with the head nicely.

NOTE: Medium short styles you will have extra bones that will cause unwanted deformation. So my suggestion is to go back to the Joint Editor. The bones will now be visible. Zoom in and go thought each bone EXCEPT for the main HEAD one, right click on it and and from the menu Delete> Delete Bone (I've not tried the Delete Unused Bones so that's up to you to try that, post if you've had good results using that).

If there are morphs in the hair, they SHOULD come over with the hair. The Apollo Blunt Cut hair had none so can't test that out...

Have fun!
TinaT-ApolloBluntCut.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I have a question. I read through this, and I think maybe because of the file types you listed at the top thought maybe this was for Poser, but then reread it and thought, no I think these are DS tools. I know you're mostly a DS user, but you've also been playing in Poser a lot trying to get your characters ready for use in Poser. And then I realized that I found this post just by looking at new posts, so I traced back which forum you posted this in and realized it had to be for DS. Anyway, you might want to mention DS somewhere in the post, or the title, just for people like me who often don't go directly to the individual forums.

All that being said, I'm going to have to try this out since I'm not very good in DS and lots of my content is for Poser. Plus this method might have other uses for me. So thanks for sharing. Glad you posted this.
:thankyou:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yes, this tutorial is for converting Poser prop and hair files (and older DS files) to DAZ Studio