• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hello, well this is a bit scary for me. I've never done anything like this before - ever! :unsure:

I'm going to be developing some fantasy textures for our wonderful Harry, starting with my "Kitty Ponies".
The first set I'm planing is on "natural" big cat textures with a Tiger and Leopard pattern. The second will be "fantasy" colours, you know "in your face" rainbow colours :p (If these prove popular I'll likely follow up with some other Kitty textures.)

Faery_Light has kindly offered to make them Poser compatible (thanks you FL!)
So far I've only done 3Delight presets. (I'll try my best to come up with Iray options too, but since I'm new to this 3D stuff I'm not sure if I know enough.):oops:

Well, here goes - here is the first of the Kitty Ponies - the Tiger Kitties:
Tiger Promo 3Delight.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Anytime Faery_Light :)

I'm working on renders for the eye textures now, then manes/tails, I think I'll put them on the one image so it might be a day or two before I can post them.

Here is what the textures look like on Whisper in Iray.
Whisper Kitties Iray.jpg

As a bonus I'm including 6 Whisper eyes, 2 Unicorn Horns that would suit any texture (Black and Natural) and Unicorn Tiger Tails (the black and white options should work OK for the Leopards but the gold option won't match).

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
As a bonus I'm including 6 Whisper eyes, 2 Unicorn Horns that would suit any texture (Black and Natural) and Unicorn Tiger Tails (the black and white options should work OK for the Leopards but the gold option won't match).

Well of course you have to have Kittycorns! These look great. I really like the textures on the horns.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Definitely keep my eye on this! I love to do fantasy art and these will fit in nicely! (Poser user so much thanks to Fairy Light for her help!)

I was thinking about them in the night and came up with the name "Feline Equines" … your name is fine too but feel free to use the one I came up with, if it appeals to you. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have all the Poser horse sets done, now for the png fellas.
Then on to manes, tail and fetlocks.

I won't be able to do any Poser sets on the unicorn or the horn because I do not own it and will be a bit before I do.

This is a fun set to work on. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks you for all your help FL! (and if there was a Gift Card in the shop, I'd give one to you so you could buy the Unicorn or Whisper :D)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am going to check in at Paypal and see if there is enough to get one.
Is your set for the unicorn or specifically Whisper?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I have all the Poser horse sets done, now for the png fellas.
Then on to manes, tail and fetlocks.

I won't be able to do any Poser sets on the unicorn or the horn because I do not own it and will be a bit before I do.

This is a fun set to work on. :)

Well as a Poser user myself, I'd be happy to get the hornless version to start with, as long as we could eventually get the horns when you are able to get the unicorn.Of course, I'm not sure how that works with store, but just my two cents.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They are Whisper eyes (it uses a round, rather than oval texture, but I'm sure they will still work on both) but the horn and the rest can definitely be used for both.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, a way around that then.
If the one who made Whisper has a Poser file of the eyes and horns, one mc6 of each, I can make the mc6 files for you and when you are ready for testing, your Poser tester can let us know how it all works. :)
Won't need Whisper for that as I can do it in cr2 editor.
But still gonna see if I have enough to purchase.