• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Race Tack Reins Break

TaishoBee

Adventurous
So I bought the race tack for the HWH and well, it's driving me insane. No matter how I pose the horse the reins do this weird kink thing. I am using a default pose, standing 1. I'm only using the draft horse morph. The reins actually do this after just conforming them.

BROKEN1.png BROKEN2.png

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, TaishoBee - Are you using the right version for your program?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I think the issue is most likely that the draft breed morph is not supported- yes I HAVE seen Draft horses raced (mainly as a publicity stunt:) but Ken and I both agreed these are the most common racing breeds and are what breeds are supported (from the product page):
  • Supported Breeds
    • Default Horse
    • Thoroughbred
    • Quarter Horse
    • Arabian
    • Mustang

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah, thanks, Laurie - I was thinking she conformed before applying the draft morph, and we've seen wacky stuff like this when the wrong version's used, but I'm sure you're right!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That would be my best guess too, while I did all the breeds for the wings, it didn't make sense to do them all for the racing tack. I put in only the horses that appear on the professional and county fair race circuits.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I needed an english bridle pretty bad and I figured it would work okay. I'm not using him as a race horse, lol Thanks anyway.. Yes I am using Poser Pro 11.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Using Poser 11, you could a couple tools to get it close to working. "Trying selecting Copy Morphs from..." (HW horse to Reins) under "Figure" Tool bar and/or using the Fitting room.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Using Poser 11, you could a couple tools to get it close to working. "Trying selecting Copy Morphs from..." (HW horse to Reins) under "Figure" Tool bar and/or using the Fitting room.

Yup that's what I did, I copied the draft morph and this is the only problem I'm having. I don't know how to use the fitting room to fix this?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The fitting room requires some skill to use and has some tools similar the morph brush... but if you already used the "add" morph and the image you posted above was the best result, the Fitting room probably isn't going to do much better. In the creation of the set, I did the add morph/fitting room technique as a starting pointing and then moved them back into my modeler to clean up. It was really hard to get the breeds that I did include right-- I was one this project and the winged horse one for months.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
The fitting room requires some skill to use and has some tools similar the morph brush... but if you already used the "add" morph and the image you posted above was the best result, the Fitting room probably isn't going to do much better. In the creation of the set, I did the add morph/fitting room technique as a starting pointing and then moved them back into my modeler to clean up. It was really hard to get the breeds that I did include right-- I was one this project and the winged horse one for months.

Wow I believe that! I do love the set, I hope I can figure out how to use it, lol The reason for using it on the big ol boy is that the character is a farm girl, lol

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
the changes wouldn't be near enough... it really needs some vertexes relocated to work for the draft horse.. and in addition to that, it would need the offsets (centers) on the rigging relocated to accommodate the extremes changes in the draft morph.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Fair enough I know smoothing is different in Poser to DS but I think it would probably improve things in DS if you used smoothing. Not owning the racehorse tack I can't test it out for myself.