• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Questions/Issues with Dawn 2? Ask them here - all welcome to help!

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes some content developer workflows need a completely zeroed figure. This saves us from having to create a separate dev figure. That said, with the new features of Poser 11 and up, this may no longer be necessary.

unreal

Noteworthy
First question: is there a readme for D2? Going over all her built-in hotness.

Second: The facial rigging... There seems to be no translation movement to the lip rig. This means I can't create realistic lip expressions. The only option is to create lip/mouth morphs, which I thought was what a facial rig was supposed to avoid.

For instance, a smile... The lips are pulled thin and along the teeth towards the back. But all the lip "bones" terminate in some point in the lip and only allow twisting at that point but no translation or scaling.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thank you for the questions
1. Yes there is a read me with Dawn 2. Please check the product page under the product files section. The rearme is the first file in the list.

2. The face rig is not to eliminate morphs but rather make it easier to create face movement. That said, there were feature choices made based on the differences in the weight map systems in both DS and Poser at the time of initial development.

We will certainly look into face rigging improvements for future updates and we appreciate the feedback.

unreal

Noteworthy
Thank you for the questions
1. Yes there is a read me with Dawn 2. Please check the product page under the product files section. The rearme is the first file in the list.

2. The face rig is not to eliminate morphs but rather make it easier to create face movement. That said, there were feature choices made based on the differences in the weight map systems in both DS and Poser at the time of initial development.

We will certainly look into face rigging improvements for future updates and we appreciate the feedback.
Ah, what you said makes sense. I keep forgetting Dawn 2 is Poser and DS. And that more than doubles the complexity. Ooh, insight there!

The rig is difficult to use from a purely Poser GUI perspective. A lot of bones, deep in the hierarchy.

I have Ken's script but, alas, I'm a mac user (a ridiculously powerful mac, to be sure) and there seems to be a python module missing (bug filed and in the queue for fixing).