• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Questions/Issues with Dawn 2? Ask them here - all welcome to help!

Deecey

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I'm running into an issue with conforming clothes to Dawn 2. I am refitting my old Carnie set to Dawn 2, and before conforming the clothing fits fine.

Let's take the belt, for example. I load the OBJ in and it fits around her nicely. I take it into the setup room and apply the skeleton. Return to the Pose room. Then I assign a new name for the belt.

Pick Figure > Conform To, and select Dawn 2 to conform. Belt enlarges and looks funky.

This is a first for me (this issue, not creating conforming clothing). I have the latest build of Poser 13. I've tried reinstalling Dawn and the content a few times and still get the same results. Has anyone else run into this, and what was the solution?

Attachments

• conforming.png
    conforming.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 29

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
There was a bug before her release. Did you have a fully loaded Dawn or a Dawn with no morphs? I found that I needed two Dawns in the scene. One loaded and one not loaded with morphs. Do your refits using the unloaded Dawn, once the refit is done, conform and then use the loaded Dawn to transfer the morphs into the belt or other clothing items. That works. I just thought they had this issue resolved. Maybe they do and this is a new issue?

Rhia474

Admirable
I had the exact same issue trying the Fitting Room and found no fix yet ( Rich, will see if yours works, many thanks!) Nevertheless, it'd be nice if it can be fixed.

Deecey

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Oops I thought I had it. Nope, the next piece of clothing did the same thing. I thought I figured it out, but no luck.

I did the refits using the Dawn 2 base object. Did the fits manually in ZBrush, so they should be OK. When I apply the skeleton I select Dawn 2 from the Library palette. It looks fine until I conform it, then BOOM. I did notice there was a Poser update file, which I am using. But still no dice.

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oops I thought I had it. Nope, the next piece of clothing did the same thing. I thought I figured it out, but no luck.

I did the refits using the Dawn 2 base object. Did the fits manually in ZBrush, so they should be OK. When I apply the skeleton I select Dawn 2 from the Library palette. It looks fine until I conform it, then BOOM. I did notice there was a Poser update file, which I am using. But still no dice.
I am not using it but Fitting room is not totally bugs free and need serious updates no matter what figure you use . I am creating all my stuff in DS for Poser , and beside adjusting some weight maps later in Poser and materials , that's all I do .

Deecey

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I am not using it but Fitting room is not totally bugs free and need serious updates no matter what figure you use . I am creating all my stuff in DS for Poser , and beside adjusting some weight maps later in Poser and materials , that's all I do .
Yeah I don't trust Auto Grouping. I usually group my model before even taking it into the setup room. I use Auto Group Editor (but sometimes my modeler).

And then after applying the skeleton I go back and transfer morphs and weights from the figure in the Pose room. Cleaner transfer that way.

I rarely use the fitting room.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Using Zero Figure on Dawn 2 turns off her JCMs. Is that a feature, or a bug?
No idea @randym77 that would be a question for Paul , since he setup the figure in Poser .

For my understanding , nothing automatic should turn off the JCMs unless you set it manually off .

@Ken1171 do you have an idea?

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Using Zero Figure on Dawn 2 turns off her JCMs. Is that a feature, or a bug?
Is this with Poser or DS?
I only know DS, but there are two (or three?) ways to zero things - zero figure and zero pose (with and without selected figure as options). I have not checked lately but zero (selected) pose juust zeroes the poses, whilst zero (selected) figure will; remove morphs as well.

Deecey

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Yes, the Figure > Zero Figure command does indeed seem to change the JCMs. The JCMs On-Off switch in the Hidden Parameters resets to Zero.

The quickest way to "zero" the figure is to right-click on Dawn in the document window, and choose Restore > Figure. This should put her in default pose and position. Alternatively, choose the Edit > Restore > Figure command.

The other way is to choose the Figure > Zero Rotations command. But then afterward you may need to select the Hip actor and change the X, Y, and/or Z Trans settings to zero if she doesn't appear in the default position.

I also notice there is a "Restore All" pose in the Hivewire 3D > Base folder in the Library.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I have the base and head/body morphs injected and they seem to be working properly. HOWEVER ... I see no difference when switching that JCMs On-Off switch between a 0 and 1 setting.

Last edited:

rplum

New-Bee
Hello,

Anyone using Dawn 2 with the cloth room in Poser ?

I am seeing an issue where the hands are not ignored, even ensuring they are un checked (also have ignore hands and feet checked in the collision settings. What is happening is that the hand intersects the cloth and interacts with it, even when hands are not supposed to be collision objects. this results in the hands dragging the cloth along.

Work around is to make certain the hands never intersect the cloth at any point between poses.

I have not had to do this with any other figures.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
. I see no difference when switching that JCMs On-Off switch between a 0 and 1 setting.
There are only JCMs on Dawn 2 base that works in specific positions only, you can't see it while in standard T pose .

randym77

Hello,

Anyone using Dawn 2 with the cloth room in Poser ?

I am seeing an issue where the hands are not ignored, even ensuring they are un checked (also have ignore hands and feet checked in the collision settings. What is happening is that the hand intersects the cloth and interacts with it, even when hands are not supposed to be collision objects. this results in the hands dragging the cloth along.

Work around is to make certain the hands never intersect the cloth at any point between poses.

I have not had to do this with any other figures.

I have not noticed that problem. I just tested it in Poser 11 and 13, and it worked as expected. Here, collisions for hands is off, for head is on. Her hands pass through the cloth, as expected.

Attachments

• drape.jpg
    drape.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 14

randym77

Yes zero figure turns off the JCMs and all morphs. Restore figure will leave the JCMs on.

Thanks for the reply!

Is there a reason you set it up to work that way? Is it a DS thing, maybe? It's not the way it usually works in Poser.

Not a big deal. It's easy to work around, and someone at Rosity is already planning to make a master dial to do what Zero Figure usually does in Poser. I'm just curious. Is there some advantage to this? I can't imagine a situation where I'd want JCMs turned off.