• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question about Dawn eyes (solved)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@Pixolygon isn't the Starter morphs for SR2? I thought they were built into DawnSE when she came out. I'll have to check to see if I still have those.

@Pendraia Yes, I was just checking textures for DawnSE's eyes, and the brown eyes DO have a larger pupil than the others for some reason. Odd that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I'll be damned! I DO still have the Starter Morphs, and sure enough EyePupilSize and EyePupilVertical are morphs included in the that set.

Live and learn. ~LOL~

Miss B

CV-BEE
The Starter morphs are the same ones from the get go, they were just updated when SR2 came out.
Dawn Starter Morphs - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art

You can see both an EyePupilSize and an EyeIrisSize in the morph list (CTR+F is helpful as that list is not alphabetical).

/edit @Miss B glad to see you've found them. :D
Oh, I hadn't even seen the EyeIrisSize because it wasn't grouped with the EyePupil morphs. I guess I better make a note to be sure to inject the Starter morphs as well.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
In DS which Glen is using he can do a quick search but he can also tell if it's dialed in by looking under currently used.

Just had a play with the pupilsize morph and that could have caused it. If that's dialed in when loading, he could dial it down and resave or reinstall.
Pupil morph at 100% on Dawn SE....isn't amazing the difference in the two textures. VW did an amazing job with the special edition texture.
DawnSE morph applied.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh that she did! She always does an amazing job of character texturing.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...I have loved her textures since the first time I saw them. Especially her kids textures.

glennf

Eager
Thanks Pen and Sanbie.
I don't have any other character sets for dawn so I couldn't overwrite the original.I'll give your suggestions a try.

glennf

Eager
Thanks everyone
I tried Pixolygons Suggestion of setting the cornea to Iray water- thin and that helped alot.I also found the eyepupilsize and reduced it to -100.This I can live with.
Again thank you all for the ideas.
P.S. this is with only the headlight.

Dawn eye test.jpg

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Also keep in mind your character's surroundings. If all you have for lighting is a flat grey dome, that will wash out the eyes as that's all that will be reflected back. Iray is a physically based renderer, meaning what you have in the scene will render out the same way as it would in real life. You need either physical scenery or use an hdr photo in Iray's environment dome slot at the very least.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh like they do at RDNA. This forum software doesn't have that option. Just let it go. Eventually newer threads will push it down on the list if there's no further posts. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, good to know, since I had that ability and never thought to try. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I only knew because I had to edit the thread Lyne had started and then move it to the render challenge section. Alisa walked me through it.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Glad this got solved....and I knew I had seen the pupil resize...just couldn't remember where...I remember when SE came out I asked if we could add all the other morphs to the figure and was told yes...so that's what I did lol