• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question about Dawn eyes (solved)

glennf

Eager
I've noticed when I render Dawn in DS her eyes are always dark.I tried different settings but they still render the same. Anyone have suggestions?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I moved this thread here to the DAZ Studio forum, as it will be more readily seen by those who can offer help. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What lights are you using? Are you using Iray or 3Delight? Which texture are you using? It's most likely I will have the texture so I can have a look and see what works for me...

glennf

Eager
I have tried a lot of different light sets,I have even made my own. Iray and 3Delight give the same results. Most of the time I use Dawn and Monja Textures but I have Also tried several freebies that I downloaded from DAZ.Every time I render the eyes turn dark, the reflection is there but the iris's aren't visible.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Well it is possible as I have done it in the past. Unfortunately I haven't come across the Monja texture. So can you provide a render? I thinking the most likely issue is maybe the cornea is not transparent enough to show the eye...but would need to see a render to confirm this or you could have a look at the opacity settings. Does this happen with the original Dawn texture or only the freebies and Monja? If the original textures eye settings work then you could just ctrl-click and apply them and then when the dialogue box pops up select ignore.

This is an old one so it's 3Delight...
hikwil.jpg

More recent Iray with my Diva morph with most likely the special edition texture for Iray.

double troublesml600.jpg

glennf

Eager
Thanks for the help Pen.
Yes it is the original Dawn texture and any others I have tried. It may just be my computer setup or I need to reinstall DS.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Have a look at your setting for the size of the pupil in the parameters tab. The pupil seems huge...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just had the same thought Pen. I don't recall her pupils being that large.

glennf

Eager
Thanks Pen and Miss B
This is the Dawn SR2 release. I only have the Base and starter morphs but their is no option for reducing the pupil size in the parameters tab. It is probably on me end.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Interesting. I just checked, and I have DawnSE with her Base morphs, Head Shape morphs, and the Dawn Head Resource Kit morphs injected, and the only scaling option I have is for the whole left eye. and the whole right eye.

I don't think I've ever seen that sort of option before, so maybe it came with a specific character INJ file?

glennf

Eager
That is what I have.Left eye and right eye. Sanbie and Miss B don't spend a lot of time trying to figure this out,it is just something I noticed and thought it may be a simple answer.I can live with it because dawn is great.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Glenn, do you have any character sets for Dawn? I wonder if you would see the same thing with a character set created by another vendor at this store, or any of the others. The image you posted here seems to be the default Dawn texture set.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pupils did seem much larger and this is what I get in DS4.8 with default Dawn and then the special edition faces.

The only one where the pupils is noticeably bigger is Special Edition Face 2. I'm wondering if you may have resaved your duf file with it loaded. Have you tried zeroing the figure? Duh...just realised you're posting the original texture....off to experiment some more.
DawnSE no changes.jpg

DawnSE  face 1no changes.jpg

DawnSE  face 2 no changes.jpg

DawnSE  face 3 no changes.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just checked, and SpecialEditionFace2 seems to have larger pupils, but her eyes, themselves, are larger, so it may be a relationship issue in that case.

Glenn's render, however, is with DawnSR2, so not sure how he got such large pupils. And I still don't see any parameter dials allowing for the change in the pupil size.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
1. The morph is called EyePupilSize and is found in the Starter morphs and should be in Actor > 01_Head > 05_Eyes > 01_Morphs. Leave Dawn as the selected actor, don't select the eyes specifically in the scene tab the way you would with Generation 4 figures.

2. Check the settings on the Cornea. Set it to Water - Thin with the Iray shaders.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay take 2...SR2 with Iray settings applied with SE on the left. It's interesting that the settings show that the textures normally go larger than the actual pupil you can see where there is a thin ring on the iris itself. The only reason I can see this happening is with different settings on the surfaces. It's interesting to see the differences between the two textures also...I'm doing a version using 3Delight also.
Glen is it possible that at some point you've had something loaded and saved over the duf file. It might be worth reinstalling Dawn?
DawnSr2 with Iray settings applied.jpg