• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Problems Uploading Images

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She probably has it installed on a thumb/flash drive. I've done that with Linux because I wanted to test out several distros before I decide which one to go with. I also know that Blender has a portable version too.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
No it's on my computer in a folder in my documents...but it doesn't install on your computer...you just start it from the icon every time

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Ok I just tried Internet explorer and it worked...I don't know if it's because I cropped the image to 1000 wide or the browser...more the browser I think as I not long ago updated my FF

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, OK. Most portable software I've seen are run from a thumb/flash drive, so that's what I assumed you were doing. Nice to know you can just have it an "uninstalled" folder and it works.

D

Deleted member 325

I am now experiencing this same issues. I have been trying to upload some WIP images since yesterday. Same browser I used when I uploaded everything else in my media galleries, but now it gives me that same error reported by sanbie. My image is within the pixel and memory size limits, and I have been sharing images in a conversation thread without trouble this past few weeks (even yesterday). I think something changed in the galleries that is blocking FireFox, as that is what I use as well.
My Firefox install isn't portable though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, I have that option checked, and I have no problem uploading images in the forums with Firefox.

Then again, I don't upload to a media gallery, and then try to post it in a forum thread, so maybe that's where the Flash Uploader option is giving folks a problem.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Then again, I don't upload to a media gallery, and then try to post it in a forum thread, so maybe that's where the Flash Uploader option is giving folks a problem.

Not particularly. Sanbie was just trying to upload directly to a forum post when she ran into the issue.

I'm using Opera, because Firefox won't connect to the internet for me for some reason, so unfortunately, I couldn't test the problem myself. I have no trouble uploading things with Opera, though. But maybe that setting might help out the folks who are experiencing issues...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I found it...now lets see if I can upload an image...
Testing!
ldse-sm.jpg

YES!!! it worked...thank you!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
YAY!!! Nice render Sanbie. Glad you were able to get it uploaded. :)