• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Problems Uploading Images

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Did a render of Dusk...My dialed face...Meet Jason!

Well I was going to upload an image I did...but it wont let me! Never mind

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Check the size Sanbie, that's usually my problem :) needs to be under 1600x1600 and under 1MB

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Very strange. I've only uploaded Jpegs, are other formats allowed? I don't know if that may be it

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I will try to upload it again... NOPE....

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

Dusk-Jason.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mmm... for what it's worth? I've never been able to upload anything over 1000 pixels into the forum posts. Over 1000 pixels in size, and I have to add it to a Media album first.

I'm not sure if that would be the problem in your case, but I know for me, if it's over 1000 pixels I get an error telling me that the image is too large to be uploaded to the message/post.

Wish I could help more than that. :/

I can move this group of messages over into the Contact forum and see if maybe one of the big-wig bees can figure out what's going on, if you want to.

Can you upload other images? Is the error only happening with Jason, or does it happen with others?

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Nope I tried to upload a Dawn one I did last week or so ago and it wouldn't let me then!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ok - then something is definitely a little wonky. I'm going to move this group of posts over to the other folder and hopefully Lisa or Alisa or someone like that can help figure it out.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@LisaB or @Alisa - I know you ladies are really busy right now, but can someone see if they can help Sanbie out with this when they get a chance? I'm not sure what else to suggest. Thanks!

*Note - Moved these posts out of the Dusk render thread so they could be addressed without derailing the render thread.*

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I've never had a problem uploading images to the forum, but it may be because I've not uploaded any images to the forum that are wider than 1,000 pixels, so that may be the problem.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Is it possible that the error is browser specific, or perhaps related to having the latest version of Flash Player installed? I seem to recall two people who had issues uploading images resolving it with a browser change or software update.

If you can give more details on what browser you're using, etc then it can help with where to look.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble you're having!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
What is portable? I'm unfamiliar with that term.