• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser props in DS and some basic DS How-to

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've been trying to get a prop to smart prop but it never does.
The issue with saving as a scene sub-set is that for certain models, like the horse, if you parent a new tail prop, (not the original) to the horse and save as a scene sub-set it will load the horse too.
I've parented it to the horse and it will not move with the horse.
I've tried the hip and even the tail bit it still will not move with the horse.
This is odd because it works for other props to do it this way.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If I understand correctly you are trying to save a prop in DS?

I'm assuming that you know how to save by going to save as/support asset/figure/prop?

Did you tick the the parenting data? It's found on the first dialogue after you type the name to save and click ok?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I just went through the process using a cylinder. I parented it to the horse and then saved it as I mentioned above. Deleted original cylinder, loaded the one I saved and it worked no worries. I need more info to try and help.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    946.3 KB · Views: 154