• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Pro 11 to Include HiveWire Figures

eclark1894

Visionary
Let's not forget that until now, at least, Rendo didn't really have a dog in the figure fight. Meanwhile, DAZ, and yes, Hivewire too, actively only support their own figures. Nothing really wrong with that. Even CGBytes considers itself the home of Project E. but still sells accessories for other figures.

Also, as you 've probably noticed over at Rendo, I've been posting a lot of "art" articles. Mostly, it's because this community has become a point and render community, and Poser has never been about that, but people think it's magical. If they can't get it to look right after two times they give up and complain that it's too hard.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If they can't get it to look right after two times they give up and complain that it's too hard.

I've also posted art articles and tutorials at DA, and there are plenty more all over the web. I think the way this works is that when people get started, they just want to shoot quickie renders. I was like that in the beginning. Only much later I started to care for proper lighting, setting up the materials, camera framing, color theory, perspective, and things like scene composition. When I got started, I didn't care for any of that. It was just for the fun of making quick renders. Depending on the person, they may never want anything beyond that. The appeal Poser/DS has on people is similar to the invention of the photographic camera - most people just want quick point and shoot, which doesn't make great photos, but they are happy with that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, someone on one of the forums years ago had done a button with the word "Render" on it. Wish I could remember where, but it was a long time ago. Noobies always think it's easy to get everything to look the way it should the first time. If only!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I tend to skip through discussions about La Femme because I don't want to spend money for content for a figure I'd rarely use. Consequently, while there may have been mention whether Renderosity plans to include La Femme in Poser ... I have no idea. I rather expect La Femme to be included.

With the popularity of La Femme, I find it hard to find new Dawn content, hair especially, at Renderosity that isn't for La Femme. So, I hear you on deleting stuff you don't, can't, or won't use. I still find DS stuff in my runtimes because DAZ included DS files for years in pretty much everything they sold that could be used in Poser. For people who use both Poser and DS, including content for both applications is great. For those of us who don't use both, it's even better when separate zip files are provided for Poser and DS. That way I can chose to not download the zip files with the content I don't use. Keeps the clutter down on my hard drive, external drive, and backups.

In case it's been missed :eek:, I am thrilled to bits Dawn, Dusk, and Dawn will be included in Poser :bee:

Ali does a Dawn fit for almost every hair now. (And has yet to include a La Femme fit even on new hair since the release.)

I am honestly at a point with hair that I simply make my own fit on hair I like and use a lot. Taking the original object into a modeler and fitting the scalp is usually all that is necessary, but even if hair components need to be adjusted it's not that hard. The added benefit is that I save all converted hair as HR2 or PP2 prop hair and don't have to mess with CR2 fits, giving me even more useful product (can be used on Dusk or other models as well).

I've even converted multiple Genesis3/8 hairs to use on Dawn and La Femme, including morphs. Including 2 zoro_d freebies from Renderosity for Genesis3/8 - French Twist Hair and Rose Side Hair. I sent them to zoro for him to offer Poser versions and he gave me permission to give them to friends. If you want either, just shoot me a PM or email.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ali does a Dawn fit for almost every hair now. (And has yet to include a La Femme fit even on new hair since the release.)
I noticed that too, and wondered why. Come to think of it, neither has Biscuits, who always includes a bunch of fits, including Dawn and PE. She did do a Faces and Features set for LF, so I'm wondering why she hasn't included any hair fits for her.

I wish Joe/Netherworks was around to continue doing presets for his Hair Conversion System. I think I've converted just about every V4 hair to Dawn over the years since he came out with it. Luckily there's a freebie morph for LF so she can use V4 hair.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I noticed that too, and wondered why. Come to think of it, neither has Biscuits, who always includes a bunch of fits, including Dawn and PE. She did do a Faces and Features set for LF, so I'm wondering why she hasn't included any hair fits for her.

I wish Joe/Netherworks was around to continue doing presets for his Hair Conversion System. I think I've converted just about every V4 hair to Dawn over the years since he came out with it. Luckily there's a freebie morph for LF so she can use V4 hair.

I am guessing most of the hair creators think the V4 Fit morph negates the need for LF fits. It doesn't though, especially if you are using LF scaling morphs like Fairy, Teen, etc.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I have not yet updated my copy of Poser so I don't know how things look firsthand. The search feature that someone posted here is part of what are excited about. People will be able to find things more easily while the muse is whispering to them which keeps the creativity flowing.

We are also going to have some folders inside the Library where people will see a thumbnail of other products offered related to the product being used. For example, when using the HiveWire horse, thumbnails for the saddles which are sold here at HiveWire will be shown. Clicking on the Western Saddle thumbnail will open the product page for the saddle here at HiveWire.

This will assist in getting exposure for products that our artists have chosen to keep here at the Hive. I have answered many Renderosity site mails asking where the saddles pictured in the horse breeds on the Renderosity store can be purchased. This answers the question for the customer before they think to ask it, and helps to support the artists who are supporting us with their HW exclusive content.

We've chosen a handful of products for each of our figures that will be available to click through to via the runtime Library. We will also be uploading several supporting products for our figures to Renderosity next week that will be available through the search feature. I am currently working on resizing images to work with the Renderosity store criteria.

Exciting times, huh?

:flower04:

Hornet3d

Wise
I have not yet updated my copy of Poser so I don't know how things look firsthand. The search feature that someone posted here is part of what are excited about. People will be able to find things more easily while the muse is whispering to them which keeps the creativity flowing.

We are also going to have some folders inside the Library where people will see a thumbnail of other products offered related to the product being used. For example, when using the HiveWire horse, thumbnails for the saddles which are sold here at HiveWire will be shown. Clicking on the Western Saddle thumbnail will open the product page for the saddle here at HiveWire.

This will assist in getting exposure for products that our artists have chosen to keep here at the Hive. I have answered many Renderosity site mails asking where the saddles pictured in the horse breeds on the Renderosity store can be purchased. This answers the question for the customer before they think to ask it, and helps to support the artists who are supporting us with their HW exclusive content.

We've chosen a handful of products for each of our figures that will be available to click through to via the runtime Library. We will also be uploading several supporting products for our figures to Renderosity next week that will be available through the search feature. I am currently working on resizing images to work with the Renderosity store criteria.

Exciting times, huh?

:flower04:

Vue has had a similar feature for some years in that, when you go to add an object for a scene, there are thumbnails of all the related content available. For example if you were to start to add a particular tree the folder would show different versions like a summer, winter spring foliage version. As you suggest it certainly helps to keep your creativity flowing. The only limitation with Vue was it only showed products available at their store but that was extensive. I have not seen it yet but what is described for Poser is far more extensive and therefore should be of even bigger value.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Will the search function take the user to the Renderosity copy of the HiveWire product or the one on this site?

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
@Janet @Glitterati3D
Sorry my bad. Read it a little wrong. The Library will have thumbs for extra stuff for the HW figures and clicking those will lead to this site. So not in the Search. My bad. Solly. I'm Swedish so you can kick me. hehe.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't believe there is any leeway in this date - SM will be taking the "home" computers that P11 phone into offline on that date.

That's why you have to update - to change the home computer P11 connects to.

Thanks for the information, looks like I might be moving over to Vue for a few days if I have problems. Thanks again SM for looking after all those who gave you good money to update to both Game Dev and Poser11/Pro

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Just got home to find the newsletter from Rendo. "The new La Femme figure will be the first thing Poser users see when they open Poser 11.2. The "safe for work" version will come free with Poser while La Femme Pro, which is anatomically correct and compatible with HD morphs, can be purchased in the Renderosity Marketplace."

So, evidently instead of opening with Andy, the program will open with LaFemme. "Safe for work", eh? Do you think they'll give her a painted-on purple bikini?

Very nice indeed to see that they are giving the Hivewire figures some decent exposure. I'm assuming that these will be the SE versions, which makes the current push for Dawn 2.0 rather more understandable. Being able to offer an upgrade for them as wants one just makes sense.

ETA: I've still got Poser Pro 2012. I'm assuming that's old enough to not need to worry about it not opening if I ever need to open it for something. Even if it probably is no longer really supported.