• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser on borrowed time?

eclark1894

Visionary
Ladies and Gentlemen, The Beatles, featuring Yoko ONO!!!

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Remember that some of todays youngsters are going to be staffing your nursing homes, so be nice to them while you can. :p

I don't know if those youngsters are ready for this old headbanger who survived Motorhead's 120 db back in the day. And I'm not leaving my music collection behind so those young nurses better bring their earplugs

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There are definitely a few things along the way that we can point to and say ... yep. That definitely lead to a decline in our society. First was when we decided to climb down from the trees :wink:

More recently, it was consigning our elders to nursing homes rather than keeping them as the valuable and valued members of our families they should be. Even if all they contributed was to sit in a rocker on the porch or in front of a fireplace rocking wee ones to sleep. Not that they don't also have an amazing amount of essential wisdom which we lost by removing them from our lives.

I regret I never developed any kind of a relationship with my great grandmother who lived in a tiny little house in back of my grandparents. I mean ... my gosh! She'd crossed the country in a wagon! She cooked her meals on a realbygod wood stove! The stories she must have had to share with her great grandchildren! But no, she frightened me because I hadn't been raised in an extended family where she was an essential part of the family. Instead, I saw her as a stern, unapproachable woman ... who looked a bit too much like the Wicked Witch of the West. And the few times I was sent over to visit her when we were at my grandparents, I buried myself in her stereoviewer ... truly the most amazing thing ever invented.

upload_2017-7-13_10-23-15.png

I could look at the cards for hours and hours (and did).

McGyver

Energetic
I don't know if those youngsters are ready for this old headbanger who survived Motorhead's 120 db back in the day. And I'm not leaving my music collection behind so those young nurses better bring their earplugs
About three years ago I was at some electronics store nearby and was passing this demo Playstation unit with some skinny kid with a backwards baseball cap and earphones plugged in, standing in front of it, playing one of the racing games... Possibly one of the Need For Speed games, and he was doing pretty damn good... After a few minutes he turns to me to ask if I want to try and it turns out he was a really grizzled old dude who had to be in his late 80s...
I was impressed.
It's possible he was really 18 and had been drinking and smoking and lying in the sun since birth, but I'm pretty sure he was old... He even walked really well, so much so that without seeing his face and hands, you wouldn't notice.
That's my goal.
Maybe he was a vampire too... But still his video game skills were great.
Maybe sometime it's about being as old as you want to be...
Or drinking blood...
I don't know.

Dylan

Eager
It's possible he was really 18 and had been drinking and smoking and lying in the sun since birth, but I'm pretty sure he was old...

I know a chap lik that. Andy is his name and I think he is 39 or 40 years old. Face as wrinkled as a Shar Pei and stooped over like a pensioner on a zimmer frame. :geek:

McGyver

Energetic
I have a quick question relating to Poser which I didn't think was really worth starting a whole thread for...
And it's sort of relevant to this thread if the answer is "no"...

Oh, and sorry if this is a really stupid question.

Does Poser do instancing?
I can't use my 3D computer at the moment (only the flat 2D iPad), so plucking about in Poser is off, checking the features list is useless, there is no mention of the feature in my books, or the Wikipedia page and Googling this question in several variations, is only yielding references to DAZ's instancing or threads where someone says "for instance..."

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a quick question relating to Poser which I didn't think was really worth starting a whole thread for...

I can't use my 3D computer at the moment (only the flat 2D iPad), so plucking about in Poser is off, checking the features list is useless, there is no mention of the feature in my books, or the Wikipedia page and Googling this question in several variations, is only yielding references to DAZ's instancing or threads where someone says "for instance..."

Not that I have ever found, well not in Poser as a Poser feature. There are some products around that allow you to scatter props of your choice but I think this is only part of the solution. Instancing, as I understand it, means that there is only one object used many times where as a lot of these scatter products duplicate the objects. I have used the feature in Cararra some years ago and I could certainly make use of it in Poser.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

No, Poser doesn't do instancing natively.

I don't know if it will help, but Snarlygribbly has a Particles script here: orphans.basicwiz.com (Particles3)

eclark1894

Visionary

No. God knows I've asked for it.