• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser moving water?

seachnasaigh

Energetic
When I tried to load that material it came out as blank. No nodes.
Edit: Ooops! The MT5 is indeed empty. I'll re-do it. Don't load it as a material! :oops: It is only a group of nodes (not a complete material). Instead, *add* it to the existing water material. That dumps the new nodes into the material workspace on top of your existing water material; then you connect the ouput of the new nodes to drive the displacement. Re-use whatever nodes you had providing color, transparency, and reflection.

The advantages of using this node group (rather than the sequential JPGs) is that this is infinitely adjustable; you can cover a small pond or a vast stretch of sea; you can texture a small calm pond or a swiftly running stream; you can set the timing for an economical 8 frame per second GIF or time it for a 30 frame per second video clip.

The node group is procedural, so it is fast to render, and very economical on memory usage.

Attachments

• fbm flow nodes 2.0.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I'll try to link a demo of the stargate "puddle".

stargate 180x180.gif

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is what I got.

I made both the whooshes visible. 40 frame superfly at 8.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Hmmm... maybe screenshot your render settings?

The Ka-Whoosh! (and its corona) is only intended for still shots; I was working quickly and didn't develop an animated morph and texture for it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
render-settings.jpg

So should I leave those two invisible? There's no mesh in the middle of the stargate otherwise and I can't figure out what's going to be animated.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
There should be a prop named event horizon parented to the stargate; tick it to be visible.
The puddle material loops every thirty frames.

I used these Superfly settings; for an animation you'd want to lower the overall pixel samples to maybe twenty or thirty.
stargate render settings.PNG

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you Seach! I'll give it a try.

Thank you Ken! I was wondering how to make splashes!