• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser moving water?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm using Ken's duck pond for a movie. Is it possible to make the water move? Is there a material for this?

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Assuming the water plane is UV mapped, I have ready-made materials to do that. You could download Eldar house; it has flowing stream, waterfall, and concentric ripple materials.

Eldar house at Renderosity

Eldar house at ShareCG

It's broken up into four packs; be sure to get all four.

It was made for P9+ Firefly; if you want to render the animation in Superfly, I could adapt the materials, but you'll likely have to subdivide the waterplane (or replace it with a denser mesh).

There is a GIF of the Eldar house waterfall (and part of the stream) in my media. I can't figure out how to post it directly.

Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oooooh! Thank you so much! After seeing what you did with the lights I knew it had to be possible!

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Is there a way to slow it down a bit?

Yes. I'll load that Eldar house set on my computer and look at the material to see how many frames per second it is running. I can reset that, or if need be generate a new set of seamlessly looped tiles. I may even already have a differently-timed tile set or two in my runtime.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I also suggest playing with magnets and wave tools - it's what I have been toying with for a project I was working on.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I don't see an equivalent animated tile set in my runtime which runs slower. I'll need to generate a set. How many frames per second are you rendering at?

P.S. I see that I was using obsolete pre-release P9 Firefly material tricks; still works for Firefly, though. :whistling:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't know how many frames per second. I'm using avi uncompressed. I'll upload what I'm working on. It will be an hour or so.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is very much a work in progress. I only started on the egret animations a couple days ago. Also had to make the water transparent to show the fish underneath.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I'm running off new sequential JPGs for the animated displacement.

Or, you could *add* (not replace) the nodes of the attached MT5 to your existing water material. Connect the last node's output (boxed in blue) to the root's displacement.
Adjust the numbers in pink to set the scale of the ripples.
Adjust the numbers boxed in yellow to adjust speed; for a pond -as opposed to a flowing stream- you may want to set the divisor in the node labeled flow 4-5 times as large, so that the water ripples, but doesn't flow.

fbm flow displacement nodes annotated.PNG

Attachments

• fbm flow nodes.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 233

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Oh, another option, since this is a pond, rather than a flowing stream: Use the material of the (active) stargate "puddle" from my freebie Atlantis playset. You'd remove the lightcasting, of course, and use color/transparency/reflection to suit the pond. And you'd want to scale the puddle ripples to fit the pond. That will work because the stargate puddle animated material is seamless in U and V as well as seamlessly looped in time.

Atlantis, via ShareCG

Atlantis, via Renderosity

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When I tried to load that material it came out as blank. No nodes.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just playing with the star gate. Took me a bit to figure out to make the props behind it visible. I have a movie in mind for this.