• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 2012-2014 Library Issues Win 7

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Not sure if anyone will be able to assist or not given that I am working in Poser 2014. Trying to get back into finishing some products I started years ago before my father became gravely ill - been running into problems after problems.

Recently had a major HD failure on the workstation I was using that was running Poser Versions from 7/Pro through 2014 Pro. Lost a lot of work and content. Was able to save most of my Development files for Poser figures in the Dusk/Dawn series, though I do not have enough HD space on the machine in question now to resume work on it or reinstall.

Moved what I could over to a Windows 7 machine that I had been using as a Render Node. It had Poser 2012 Pro and 2014 GD on it but I had not used it much. I reverted GD to Poser 2014 Pro, and moved over my development runtime and linked it to my external backup runtime with all of my older content for scene building (same thing I was doing on the workstation...except the scene building runtime was on a local HD).

Library Manager is giving me odd behavior in both 2012 and 2014 on this Windows 7 machine. Icons are not loading properly, library images will sometimes not load properly, sometimes the interface buttons of library manager will not load properly, and it is across 2 versions of Poser. I use the external Library window, and I was sure I had read about this issue before, but was not experiencing the problem at the time, so I do not remember the causes or fixes. I think it was something having to do with Adobe Air (which is not longer even supported).

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it? This will make it very difficult to develop products if I can not test the library icons properly etc...

DanaTA

Distinguished
With a little Google search, answers can be found. I found this on Adobe's forums. Person had same issue as you:

Patrick5FB8

Patrick5FB8
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021
Copy link to clipboard

Same thing happened to me when I launched Poser Pro 2014 this morning. However, I found a workaround for this. The library won't look exactly the same, but the functionality is all there.

Exit Poser if it's running.

Find your poser.ini - the path may differ for you - mine is in

c:/Users/<YourUserNameHere>/AppData/Roaming/Poser Pro/10

In your poser.ini look for

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0

and change the 0 to a 1.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I tried google but wasn't finding much helpful. I even tried forum search here and at rendo. I think the place that had this discussed at length was the old RDNA forums.
Thanks for this. I will try it tomorrow see if it helps.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I tried google but wasn't finding much helpful. I even tried forum search here and at rendo. I think the place that had this discussed at length was the old RDNA forums.
Thanks for this. I will try it tomorrow see if it helps.
You are very welcome! I hope it works for you!

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
This is not a fix that will work - this is for the embedded library. I do not use the embedded library.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Because the internal one was more useless before flash killed it (too small, cuts into workspace, restricts tools...too much scrolling...I could go on for quite a while). I need to figure this out and fix it. It is the workflow I have been using for a decade.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
This is what I am looking at:
PoserLibraryFunky.jpg

Random buttons and icons in the library folders as well as the controls themselves are missing and have those graphic placeholder boxes.
  • It is always random controls each time the library is opened, images in folders that are "missing" change too if navigating to other folders and back.
  • Poser Pro Versions 2010, 2012, 2014
  • Have confirmed it is the same with a fresh install of Poser Pro 2012 on this laptop so this is a Windows 7 not playing nice with Poser issue.
  • Have manually gone through the program directories and set the Core Executables and the LSMGUI library executables to run as administrator.
  • Wasted the last 2 hours manually adding exceptions to Windows Firewall to allow unrestricted access to the core Poser executables and the LSMGUI in each versions UI runtime for inbound and outbound traffic even though firewall is disabled on the machine I want this fixed on because it has no way to access the internet.
I am very frustrated and at the moment have again given up on making any art or content. If anyone out there knows what I am looking at, please help.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Might be on to a fix thanks to an email from a friend and content creator. I have tried it on the laptop and no longer seem to be having issues with Poser 2010 and 2012 (can't find 2014 on the laptop though I am sure it was installed). Later tonight I will implement the fixes on the Xeon Multi-Core and see if it does indeed fix the issues.

:FingersCrossed:

I use Windows 7 and a Xeon PC, and I've not seen this behaviour on Poser 2012 / 2014 / 11 / 12.

I can think of some possibilities.

1. Poser has not yet finished indexing what sounds like a huge runtime(s)? But this can't be the case since some of the UI icons are also glitching. And that's happening across two Posers. So it can't be that your Adobe AIR is not at the correct version.

2. In which case perhaps a hard drive is not responding / alive when the asset is called? Do you have your drive slip into micro 'sleeps', in order to save energy? But again, that should not be a problem. When called, a sleeping drive should wake up and stay alive.

3. At worst, a (literally) flaky old hard-drive, with sectors that can't be read because they're crumbling. Run a chkdsk to see if all the sectors are ok?

4. A partly failed merge of the development runtime + external backup runtime + development content? Are they merged, or just "linked" as you say? Possibly some of the UI components or files that call them also got merged?

5. An aggressive anti-virus that is sometimes too slow for Poser, re: checking the Poser python scripting (the UI is built with Python too).

6. Security permissions? The render node OS PC has likely not had an update in a long time. Try the download for the KB3063858 Windows rollup mega-patch to update Windows 7? Microsoft Update Catalog

An options for checking libraries and icons would be Advanced Library for Poser, now freeware and available at Advanced Library for Poser Not ideal, as it has no drag and drop. But it works and is good for quick lookup. You could use it to see if the behaviour is also the same in that.

Incidentally, your Vue target for Windows 7 should be 2021.1 R6.1, re: sending Poser scenes to Vue.

Ah, I've just remembered something. Windows file permissions when you bulk copy files from disk to disk. Compare your file permissions on the 'broken' files with one that you can see perfectly. You say "Was able to save most of my Development files" but you don't say how. If that was done by directly reading bits from the disk clusters on a mechanical hard-drive, then the OS file permissions may need looking at.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It was none of the above. As I said also I can not use a third party runtime manager, and that Advanced Runtime manager has never worked properly for me in Poser 2012 or later.
The issue is now fixed. It involved damaged Adobe Air and Windblows Internet Exploder files that were actually damaged by that mega update (the machine was updated before trying to set it up as a render node, and this laptop has been kept updated). I had to remove all and reinstall from old archives since none are supported or available any longer.