• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 12 will switch to Python 3!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Snarly has posted at Rendo. He will be updating all his scripts to work in Poser 12 and has some new stuff he is considering.

That's great news! The majority of my scripts are from D3D, ShaderWorks and NetherWorks, though.

Broken Netherworks' scripts are going to hurt. I use PoserFileAssistant, Creator's Toybox File Optimizer, and MATWriter Panel 2014 extensively when creating products

The ones I use the most are D3D's XS to mass manage materials, and ShaderWorks Figure Manager 2 to handle morphs. I can still use them in Poser 11 for content creation, but I also use them in basically every scene. NetherWorks Magnet Toy is also quite useful.

Granted, I can continue to use Poser 11, but then what's the point of upgrading to Poser 12?

That will be easier to answer once we know what P12 will actually bring to the table.

I would venture a guess that Ken would take over the reins on that and create his own version of Joe's scripts.

I hope it won't come to that, but I can give it a try if it does. Like Alisa said, NetherWorks is the only one (besides Snarly) who has "some" chance of updating his scripts. In that unlikely case, I at least wouldn't have to recreate just about everything myself. But if I have to, that would be plenty of work for years.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Broken Netherworks' scripts are going to hurt. I use PoserFileAssistant, Creator's Toybox File Optimizer, and MATWriter Panel 2014 extensively when creating products :(
I know how you feel, as I have a ton of Joe's scripts, but I don't use them all every day. The one's I'll miss most are connected to the Poser UI such as his Camera Panel Plus 2014, his Interface Mods/Slim Parameters Panel, as I absolutely abhor the default Poser dials, and Scripts Servant, gives me a panel listing all the Poser Scripts I have installed, and which I dock to the left side of my Poser UI. Makes it easier to get to the script(s) I want to use, rather than having to go look them up in the Poser Scripts menu.

I also use his Scripts Auto Launch which loads up the Camera Panel Plus, Script Servant, and Scene Toy automatically when I start up Poser.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Perhaps the development team will incorporate some of those ideas into the updated UI when Poser 12 hits!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I know how you feel, as I have a ton of Joe's scripts, but I don't use them all every day. The one's I'll miss most are connected to the Poser UI such as his Camera Panel Plus 2014, his Interface Mods/Slim Parameters Panel, as I absolutely abhor the default Poser dials, and Scripts Servant, gives me a panel listing all the Poser Scripts I have installed, and which I dock to the left side of my Poser UI. Makes it easier to get to the script(s) I want to use, rather than having to go look them up in the Poser Scripts menu.

I also use his Scripts Auto Launch which loads up the Camera Panel Plus, Script Servant, and Scene Toy automatically when I start up Poser.

I couldn't specify which script I would miss the most. That would be too hard to pick...

Perhaps the development team will incorporate some of those ideas into the updated UI when Poser 12 hits!

That's what people would hope for. Rendo has opened a Poser 12 feature suggestion thread at their forums, and NOW would be a good time to start posting there. I did plenty already. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I couldn't specify which script I would miss the most. That would be too hard to pick...
I'm sure, but then you're a content creator first and foremost, so there are a lot of scripts I'm sure I also have, but don't use on a daily basis.

Hornet3d

Wise

The Camera Panel Plus 2014 and Slim Parameters Panel would be missed by me as well as I use them every time I create in Poser.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And here I thought I was the only one using the Slim Parameters.... You guys have probably seen them all over my video tutorials.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Is this even sold anywhere now? I can't find Slim Parameters anywhere. I know it's going to voided after the update for Poser to version 12 but wanted to get an idea of what you all are talking about.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Here you go Rich. It makes that panel slimmer by changing those large dials to small arrow heads facing left (back/less) and right (forward/higher). I just click on the setting and change it to what I want. Oh and I checked both here, and at Renderosity, and no it's not one of the items in his story in either location. I think I bought that back when he was still at RDNA years ago.

The slimmer panel helps when what you're working on has a long name, which takes up a lot of space.

SlimParametersDials.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Is this even sold anywhere now? I can't find Slim Parameters anywhere. I know it's going to voided after the update for Poser to version 12 but wanted to get an idea of what you all are talking about.

You will see the slim dials in all of my video tutorials. I've purchased them from RDNA, so they are probably no longer available anywhere.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think you're correct Ken, because Joe only brought his newer, more involved, products here and Renderosity. The Slim Parameters Dials is more a visual convenience, than a script that helps you get work done, like his Scene Toy and Creator's Toybox.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, I feel more productive with the slim dials because I can see more of them, and it looks cleaner. I also find it easier to slide over the name than to pixel-hunt dials.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I got them because I hated trying to use the dials. It's easier to get small adjustments with the arrows, though I got used to just clicking on the settings themselves to adjust them, so having those dials were of no benefit to me at all.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I got them because I hated trying to use the dials. It's easier to get small adjustments with the arrows, though I got used to just clicking on the settings themselves to adjust them, so having those dials were of no benefit to me at all.

Talking about small adjustments, we can also use the mouse scroll wheel to adjust values when the mouse hovers above a dial.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have it auto-loaded using NetherWork's auto launch script, but the bummer is that this gets reset every time Rendo updates Poser.