• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 question on realigning rigging in clothing for scaled figures

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That looks a lot better before the smoothing than the t-shirt I originally tried. I think the Nouvelle Aube outfit I tried wouldn't have needed half as much smoothing, and would've come out nicely.

OUCH, that must have been one seriously messed up TShirt.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's great I didn't realise you could do that with the morph brush until you posted it in the other thread.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That's great I didn't realise you could do that with the morph brush until you posted it in the other thread.

Every clothing item I put out uses this method for morph refinement. Even Dawn's Shirt in the At The Office set had every breast morph refined using this method. You have the ability to "edit' the morph using all the morph brush tools in Poser. Since P9.

Much easier than exporting the object to the modeler, fixing the morph and creating a JCM. Same basic operation, but no need to fiddle in the modeler as you can do it right in Poser. And no more JCMs!

It's really an amazing tool and saves a great deal of time.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, I'm going to do a quick step by step of putting Dawn clothing on Diva using the PRO version of Poser (9+). Since you need Copy Morphs From, you will need the PRO version to make this work.

Load Dawn normally

Load your choice of clothing and conform it to Dawn.

At this point, ensure the following options are checked on the Properties tab of each clothing item.
ParametersProperties.jpg

Once that is done, select Dawn>Body on the figure dropdown menu

Inject the Diva morph in Dawn.

Select a clothing item from the dropdown menu - Shirt>Body for example

Then, Figure>Copy Morphs From and choose Dawn from the popup menu

You will be presented with a window listing all Dawn's installed morphs. Uncheck Dawn/Body, since we only need to transfer one morph.

Scroll down the list until you find plDiva and click in the box next to it, then OK

At this point, the clothing should automatically fit to Diva, though there may be some crushing we need to fix in the next step

To smooth out crushing from the scaling

With the clothing selected (Shirt>Body) click on the morph brush tool

When the morph tool menu appears, we will go through a series of steps to alter the Diva morph and rid the clothing of the crushing.

It doesn't matter which body part you select, but I try to start where the crushing is the heaviest. You are not limited to this body part, so it really doesn't matter where you start.

Drill down in the menu for the Diva morph
EditMorphInPlace.jpg

As an aside, I always turn down the magnitude when working with the morph brush. The default setting of 0.5000 is simply too strong, even for intense crushing. Brush size depends on how much you want to cover in one stroke with the brush.

Choose the Smooth brush from the icon in the morph window and start to paint the smoothing morph over the crushing. You can smooth all the crushing in one go, regardless of body part. No need to go through the morph selection process for each one.

Once you have finished editing the morph, you can Zero out the Diva morph in Dawn and save the clothing item back to the library. By doing so, you have permanently altered the Diva morph in your clothing and the next time you use Diva, the clothing will autofit and auto follow Diva.

Here, I used this method to put the Pixieluna Must Have Casual clothing on Diva.
MustHaveCasuals.jpg

RobZhena

Adventurous
I dunno know. Here is Little Dress saved with the "when morphing" settings set as above, and it didn't even try to conform. PP 11 on a Mac. I will let wiser people figure this out.

Diva Little Dress Saved Morph Settings.jpg

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I followed this exactly but this happens. I'm using the Scarecrow outfit by BYU Dragon Breath. All I did here to cause the brak was move her thigh side to side. Mac, Poser 11 Pro, all updates Mavericks OSX.

Also this is using the fitting room thread's tutorial, sorry about that.

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 4.28.42 AM.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hmm...this really puzzling me as it seems to work for some and not others. I will need to see if I can upgrade so I can try it for myself.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
TaishoBee is the outfit you tested originally for Poser...iirc Dragonbreath does some freebies for DS?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OUCH, that must have been one seriously messed up TShirt.
Yes, as you can see the chest (and upper back), sleeves and neckline need some smoothing, but the hip area is totally out of control, and I'm not sure the Morph Brush would be able to mend that easily.

DawnClothingToDiva.jpg

At first I thought it was because I did the steps in a slightly different order than you explained here, but I just tried it using your steps, and got the same result, as you can see in the render above.

The t-shirt is part of OOT's Mega Wardrobe Bundle I bought when Dawn first came out, so she didn't have to run around naked in my first renders. ;) I think the mess was caused by 2 or 3 gently modeled folds in the hip area of the t-shirt.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yeah, I got the same results from OOT's Mega Wardrobe. But, remember, that was released for Dawn at her initial release. A lot of Dawn rigging has changed since then, and OOT always has used her own method for creating those wonderful clothes she puts out.

Some things, rigged unconventionally or back when DAWN was new may not convert well.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hmm...this really puzzling me as it seems to work for some and not others. I will need to see if I can upgrade so I can try it for myself.

Again, like any other figure, it depends on the rigging in the initial outfit - and the model to some degree.

In my opinion, TB's problem is Poser's grouping during the conversion process. I never let Poser do the grouping, but during a conversion in the Fitting Room, you have no other option.

Besides, TB said her results were from the Fitting Room and not an attempt to edit the morph in place. Frankly, I use the Fitting Room every day for rigging purposes, but I have never gotten good results for conversion from it. I get better results using Crossdresser.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thanks for the info and all the help Traci.

You're welcome, Pen. Always willing to share information if I have it.

Now, I'm gonna eat my words........tried the OOT Mega Wardrobe again this afternoon and got a good conversion to Diva. I should have spent a few more minutes with the morph brush fixing that pokethrough on her left thigh, but it still went very well.

OOTMegaWardrobe.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, now that looks good, and encouraging, because that mega bundle has some nice everyday things Diva could wear. Not all, but certainly the short and long sleeved shirts and the jeans/pants. The tube top? Nah don't think so. I also agree about OOT's work, and the fact that it was made for the initial Dawn base.

Anyway, I just played with Dawn's Skinny Jeans, and even though it still needs a little more work on the legs, and I need a smaller brush for the top above the belt, it's not bad. Not bad at all.

DawnSkinnyJeansToDiva.jpg

Last edited: