• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Polly for Luna: Caution--if you are afraid of clowns,do not open thread!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
So cute! Looking forward to this!

Check out this face painting on my granddaughter. We went on a trip to NYC and this face painting was done at FAO Schwartz. She was over the moon!
image.jpeg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Awww, she's adorable Lisa. The face painting looks lovely on her, and I like that butterfly shaped mirror. :)

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Awww, she's adorable Lisa. The face painting looks lovely on her, and I like that butterfly shaped mirror. :)

I couldn't stop looking at how beautiful and magical she looked. She didn't want to ever take it off! LOL

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
That is so beautiful!!! She looks like a fairy! I Maybe I can try to do something similar to this on Luna, some beautiful, bright magical face painting.

Last edited:

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
That is so beautiful!!! She looks like a fairy! I Maybe I can try to duplicate something like this on Luna, some beautiful, bright magical face painting.
I do have a few more pictures I can send you privately if you wish.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
I do have a few more pictures I can send you privately if you wish.

Thank you so much for your offer to do that Lisa. After I saw your picture of your Granddaughter, I went out to Photoshop and I have a WIP. I did not have a clear jewel texture ready made for her forehead but I used an amethyst. Of course this is not an exact replica but more inspired by your image.

Here is a test render of the WIP. Critiques and suggestions are welcome.

Fairy MU WIP.png

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Looks great! Wow that was fast! Nice!

I happened to already be working on Polly today, so I had her PSD open and my Poser open with Polly already loaded and dressed with hair. So I added on a few more layers in photoshop and started painting. I am trying to keep the face painting look. I did the render small and quick so that it would not take long to bake. It is still a WIP, so I will be tweaking this to give a little more depth to the paint, but as I said, any suggestions are always welcome.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you so much for your offer to do that Lisa. After I saw your picture of your Granddaughter, I went out to Photoshop and I have a WIP. I did not have a clear jewel texture ready made for her forehead but I used an amethyst. Of course this is not an exact replica but more inspired by your image.

Here is a test render of the WIP. Critiques and suggestions are welcome.

Oh, that is cute!! :) I love it. :D

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Thank you so much Seliah,Lisa, Alisa, Pendraia, Lorrine and Ms. B for your kindness and encouragement in this project. I am working on a few others so That she will have 10 total fun face painting options. I think I might call this Polly: Face Painting Fun for Luna. What do you think?

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Okay, so I stayed up late last night and have been working since first thing this morning. Here are the other five options. These are WIPS. I will still do some tweaking and fixing here and there on these. I have a fairy paint option, a ladybug, a frost option, a tiger and of course, I had to add a bee!
fairy face.jpg
ladybug face.jpg
frost face.jpg
bee face.jpg
tiger face.jpg