• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

phd WIP shaders

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I was trying to make the Night Eyes to the Christmas... Honestly :) And even almost did it. It's a SF render.
green_sf.jpg

But stumbled on the idea which was very Christmas-themed and too capturing. So now I'm trying to make it happen in this week.
NY1.jpg

Not just put a color on a glass - put a pattern inside a glass.
NY2.jpg

Eyes? About New Year. I'll try :)
:drawing:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Very cool! Love your shader work!

Now if I could only talk you into messing with/adapting the Superfly Hair shader to work better for fur:)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Very cool! Love your shader work!

Now if I could only talk you into messing with/adapting the Superfly Hair shader to work better for fur:)
Thank you! Need more hours in a day :( (2 glitters and eyes in packing/finalizing/testing...)
maybe in a month if it's still would be actual.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
These look great! The yellow is a bit dull in the center, though. Is there a way to brighten that up. If I recall correctly, the centers of the flowers where all that geometry smashes together created dark shadows on render. At the time, (I forget what year these were made but it was quite some time ago) the only way I could solve the problem was to add an ambient glow to the flower to knock out that shadow.
I get weird shadows like you mention when adding grass to my scenes. Keeping in mind I get lost in the Advanced Materials Room, how do you get rid of that if you are using shadows in the scene lights?

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Needed a small start to get up to speed...

@Glitterati3D it's some details about HQ skin shaders for Superfly. If you need all the details maps can provide - you need a lot of samples.
Here is Elisa, with middle-pale skin profile. (And different skin types need different SSS and specular profiles.)
@2500 samples per pixel
Elisa-2500txt.png

@4900 samples per pixel
Elisa-4900txt.png

@8100 samples per pixel
Elisa-8100txt.png

And some of my images are done to 15000-16000 both in Superfly and Iray. Not only portraits - flowers and interiors too...