• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

phd WIP shaders

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@Carey thank you!
as is the usual case this is missing a little something, it looks great, but it is just not ready for those super close ups, least not yet...Course I would love to tell you exactly what that little something is that says "I'm Real" but I only know what my eye tells me and not how to achieve that "live" look..
I know. Well, it was one of the first versions of what become "Photoreal Superfly"... And velvety flowers is one of the hardest objects to do right. Pansy Parade is in to-do list, but it's _very_ long list...

I am in love!!! I want it, I want it!!!
If only there were 48 hrs in day...
I'd like to release skin as a product before NewYear, but...
As a shaders for my own use, skins (eyes, teeth, nails) are finalized, even in 3 versions: pure glossy, fast SSS (1 sss component), full SSS (multy-SSS components). Both SSS versions for pure diffuse maps and for the cases when SSS map provided with character. As a product - no, and, honestly, I have no idea how to pack it. Big (and pricey) MR? Big MR + some sweet deals for most popular characters? DawnSE, Maraki, Africa and Asia sets... Time, Time, Time... Didn't even finish my Helloween project as soon As I wanted (yesterday :().

Carey

Extraordinary
@Carey thank you!

I know. Well, it was one of the first versions of what become "Photoreal Superfly"... And velvety flowers is one of the hardest objects to do right. Pansy Parade is in to-do list, but it's _very_ long list...

If only there were 48 hrs in day...
I'd like to release skin as a product before NewYear, but...
As a shaders for my own use, skins (eyes, teeth, nails) are finalized, even in 3 versions: pure glossy, fast SSS (1 sss component), full SSS (multy-SSS components). Both SSS versions for pure diffuse maps and for the cases when SSS map provided with character. As a product - no, and, honestly, I have no idea how to pack it. Big (and pricey) MR? Big MR + some sweet deals for most popular characters? DawnSE, Maraki, Africa and Asia sets... Time, Time, Time... Didn't even finish my Helloween project as soon As I wanted (yesterday :().
I have purchased many products titled as " merchant resources" this might lighten your load as far as packaging, I know exactly how you feel, well almost, as your mind appears to be a bit more organized then mine is. My mind goes in so many different directions, many times at once, sometimes I feel like some kind of genius, that is until I see some of your work...lol One thing you will get from me, my honest opinion, it is never meant to be personal and always it is intended to be helpful. No, I am not looking to horn in on any ones product, I am here to help advance the art if I can and my friendship when I can't...lol

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@Carey thanks!
About organized mind :)
Your posts finally moved me to make a somewhat organized list of my projects... well... this is about moving in too many directions...
Grey items exists only as projects, black are where at least some work done already.

Starweed Halloween SF
Black and Purple
Witch Fire
FoxFire
Starweed Halloween Iray (?)

Forest portals SF
MR Metallic and Glitter for SF (Christmas decorations, small)
MR Soap Bubbles SF
Fire and Ice for Tulips SF and Iray
MR Snow and Ice SF

MR Photoreal Superfly: Refractive (gems, glass, water)
MR Photoreal Superfly: Skin
Skin presets SF
Skin presets Iray (?)
MR Photoreal Superfly: Hair
MR Photoreal Superfly: Precise metals (precious too :), fantastic too )
MR Photoreal Superfly: Advanced Cloth
Tutorial + MR randomizing scatters SF (small)
Tutorial SF tricks

Asiatic lily + Jungle heat SF and Iray
Tulips and Daylilies packs SF and Iray
Forest whispers SF and Iray
Cherry trees SF and Iray
Fallen tree Stack SF and Iray
Willow SF and Iray
Pansy parade SF
Fairy flowers 1 2 SF and Iray
MR [Historical] ceramics SF
MR [Historical] ceramics Iray
Fae bicycle (modelling)
Some poses packs ideas...
Some SF ideas for Harry and Cats...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I would buy a MR that had basic metals (like Gold, Copper, Silver, Chrome and may as well whack in a Mirror too) with Superfly and matching Firefly mats (because I have no idea how to do it in FF either).

I would also buy one with SF and FF that had like a metallic/glitter car paint that I could change the colour on, but had different settings for the size of the metallic. :D

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
One more WIP for Iray version
purple2wip.png

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Black and Purple Iray is in beta :sun:. Had some unforeseen troubles with it and had to use non-Ubershader to get decent speed.

WIP SF tutorial
No changes in the materails and lights between the renders.
RR1.png

RR2.png
RR3.png

@NapalmArsenal about kind-of-glowing, but not really emissive materials... And cat eyes.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yes!! I can see that with the cat's eyes for sure!! Would be awesome!!! Really cool could also be stones on jewelry like carnelian .

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 probably I will include sample scene(s).
But in most of the cases, it's one HDRI or blurred HDRI, and I can't include what is not my own :)
In last case it's even simpler - 1 spotlight, that's all.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
One more Black and Purple Iray beta round. Hope it is last :)
Itay much faster with simplified shaders, even with spectral rendering on.
Black glossy version.
WIP simplyfied 3.png

And non-spectral version
WIP simplyfied 3 ns.png

Non-spectral is ~25% faster.
And ~50% faster than UberShader version.