• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Panels and Python and CSVs, oh my!

Robynsveil

Admirable
Have posted the script to the Resources section here, and can now devote some serious study time to your Cloth Weaver add-on, Ken. I actually purchased CW back in January, tried to run it against one of my imported (probably too high density) figures, and caused it to freeze Blender. Inauspicious beginning, that was. :confused:

What the experience offered as perspective was how my little script would likely be perceived. People tend to focus on their own needs - perfectly natural - and will turn to a script such as mine as a solution to a problem relative to those needs. If the solution isn't forthcoming in a reasonable amount of time, the product is abandoned. :unsure: Very few will take Ken's charitable stance of "well, it's a WIP... let's keep trying". Perhaps that's why I'm loathe to sell this sort of thing: too much of a sense of responsibility as vendor as opposed to one artist sharing a tool with others, which is the free-and-open-source software mindset.

Will I ever try to sell this? doubtful. Been there, smoked that, got the t-shirt. :p Not real keen on that idea anymore.