• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

P11 SR3 Light from background (Buggy?)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
On my box render crashes (not properly starts and hangs Poser) one time from every three on CPU and GPU, crashes every time in progressive mode, so it's seems to be very buggy feature (for me).

from Release Notes:
Added Cast_Light option to Background shader node. Use in conjunction with EnvironmentTexture for Image Based Lighting effects in SuperFly renders.

You need to hide/delete Ground and apply shader to Backround Object, not Background material of Ground.
Here config:
worldtexture.png

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Correction:
Top multiply node not needed. To correct exposure you can use color in Background node.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
If you need mirror the map (letters backwards and so on in image) use Scale -1,1,1 in Mapping node.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't played enough with the latest version, so this is very useful information when I get some time to run it through it's paces. ;)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It (latest version) is good to render.
Many people say that it is buggy at rigging.
And it is buggy sometimes with morph injections without obvious reasons. Have to reinstall all daz gen4 bases/morphpacks today to injections start to work again.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking very good. I don't recall off-hand if I have Vanilla Sky, but it's good to know I can do such a nice render if I do. :)

The input in the rotation works only correct for me only if I use radians (pi). You can test that by rotating the camera 180degrees (y-orbit) render it, rotate the camera back, set the Y-rotation to 3.1415923, and render again: you get the same picture. if you use 180, you get a different picture.

You can zoom in or out, by changing the Z-value of the scale node.

By the way, I think it's very annoying that I have to use pi for rotations, I have to keep a calculator next to my computer to make the correct rotations