• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Octavet for Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool...I haven't attempted much geografting...I did try a long time back with the original genesis.

Very cool...I haven't attempted much geografting...I did try a long time back with the original genesis.

I find it's easy with some of the upgrades to DAZ Studio since then, but how easily it can be done with something like the head depends on a number of factors, like the eyelashes on Dawn. It would have been a whole lot easier if those were separate meshes like on G8F.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If I used zbrush I would hide the eyelashes and then create a new poly group for the area I need and then hide everything before creating a copy. Not sure what program you're using. I'm not sure I like the idea of separate eyelashes.

The eyelashes aren't a problem when creating the mesh for the geograft; it's when I'm actually selecting polygons on the base mesh that they literally get in the way.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If in DS you could hide them by the surface group...that's what I do when I'm selecting polys in DS for creating surfaces. Or if not using that tool you could possibly hide them through the surface tab or the scene tab.

If in DS you could hide them by the surface group...that's what I do when I'm selecting polys in DS for creating surfaces. Or if not using that tool you could possibly hide them through the surface tab or the scene tab.

Surfaces tab didn't work when I tried making them opaque and I didn't try hiding them in the scene tab. But, since I was wanting to hide them when the geograft was applied anyway, using the geometry editor was the best option.