No computer for a while

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Ken1171, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Glad you got the computer working again, we would miss all those renders.

Ken1171 likes this.
  2. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

Computers are always great...until they're not! and I hate doing hardware work. I can do things, but I'm slow at it. My friend who did my upgrades and new computer setup and repairs passed away, unexpectedly, in 2012, a little more than a month before his birthday. It hit me hard. It was so unexpected. And he was much younger than I. When I graduated high school, he wasn't born yet. Such a shock to my system.

Sounds like you have a mini server room, there!

Dana

Ken1171 likes this.
  3. TaishoBee

TaishoBee Adventurous

Glad you fixed it, things would have been soooooo lonely without ya!

Ken1171 likes this.
  4. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I think you always imagine that those older than you will go first so when it happens to someone younger it really hits hard. It it the same in families and I always wonder just how parents who have had to bury their children manage to cope, it just seems a travesty of the natural order of things. I imagine what makes it worse for you is computing is a constant reminder of your loss. I wish you every success in coming to terms with the loss.

5. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Thank you guys! I am also relieved to have my PC back - I feel like half a person without it! The only casualty was the audio card.

I know how it is when the younger goes before the older. It's unnatural. I've lost a friend when I was still in school, when he was hit by a truck. He was only 15, and nobody thought one could die at that age because it's a time when we still believe we are indestructible.

6. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

glad to know the pc is working again!

Ken1171 likes this.
  7. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Thanks, Mininessie! ^^

mininessie likes this.
  8. DanaTA

DanaTA Adventurous

Thank you. Still miss him, he was a good friend. And yes, computers remind me, especially when I need to do an upgrade or there's a problem.

Dana