• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

No computer for a while

DanaTA

Distinguished
Computers are always great...until they're not! and I hate doing hardware work. I can do things, but I'm slow at it. My friend who did my upgrades and new computer setup and repairs passed away, unexpectedly, in 2012, a little more than a month before his birthday. It hit me hard. It was so unexpected. And he was much younger than I. When I graduated high school, he wasn't born yet. Such a shock to my system.

Sounds like you have a mini server room, there!

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
Computers are always great...until they're not! and I hate doing hardware work. I can do things, but I'm slow at it. My friend who did my upgrades and new computer setup and repairs passed away, unexpectedly, in 2012, a little more than a month before his birthday. It hit me hard. It was so unexpected. And he was much younger than I. When I graduated high school, he wasn't born yet. Such a shock to my system.

Sounds like you have a mini server room, there!

Dana

I think you always imagine that those older than you will go first so when it happens to someone younger it really hits hard. It it the same in families and I always wonder just how parents who have had to bury their children manage to cope, it just seems a travesty of the natural order of things. I imagine what makes it worse for you is computing is a constant reminder of your loss. I wish you every success in coming to terms with the loss.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you guys! I am also relieved to have my PC back - I feel like half a person without it! The only casualty was the audio card.

I know how it is when the younger goes before the older. It's unnatural. I've lost a friend when I was still in school, when he was hit by a truck. He was only 15, and nobody thought one could die at that age because it's a time when we still believe we are indestructible.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I think you always imagine that those older than you will go first so when it happens to someone younger it really hits hard. It it the same in families and I always wonder just how parents who have had to bury their children manage to cope, it just seems a travesty of the natural order of things. I imagine what makes it worse for you is computing is a constant reminder of your loss. I wish you every success in coming to terms with the loss.

Thank you. Still miss him, he was a good friend. And yes, computers remind me, especially when I need to do an upgrade or there's a problem.

Dana