• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New Zealanders

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just heard there was another large Earthquake in NZ.

Hope all our Kiwi members are OK.

best of wishes from myself across the ditch and I'm sure everyone else here.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
It's ok, Rae, it was at the top of the South Island and caused no damage. Today is the fifth anniversary of the Christchurch earthquake and there is a great deal on the news about the quake and the remembrance and memorial ceremonies in the city and over the rest of the country all day.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's great the hear Lorraine.
I knew about the anniversary and remembered how bad it was so was hoping everyone was ok.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
But Lorraine...top of the South Island is by Wellington so did they get one too?
My brother lives in Christchurch...New Brighton actually..

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad all's ok over there. Sanbie - news reports say there was just moderate and light shaking.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sanbie - news reports say there was just moderate and light shaking.
~whew~ I know someone who lives in Wellington, but don't hear much from her, so glad to know there wasn't anything major there.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I remember years ago when I was a kid...for some reason I always knew when an earthquake was going to come...my body just told me...I can remember saying "earthquake coming" and mum would say "come on kids get to a doorway" ....Well one day when my sister-in-law was there I said that...and mum responded with the usual...but Janice-my sister-in-law went nuts...mum said no Sandra is always right come on to a door way...then of course it hit....and it was a beauty...6. something...so things fell off walls etc...but Janice went hysterical...I had never known a reaction like it...scared the cr*p out of me...since then I could never tell when they were coming...
Weird really...her fear got to me...anyway I now live in Australia and have never felt an earthquake in the 30 years I have been here!!

Lorraine

That's amazing, Sanbie! You maybe felt it the way cats and dogs do. Was that in NZ? Are you a Kiwi too?!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yeah born and breed in Lower Hutt Wellington..been in Australia 30 years now...I now call Australia home!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We had one near me as a kid and all it was, was a noise like a truck crashing and that was it. Didn't feel anything. Same with the one near the Gold Coast last year, I don't think anyone was aware. I'm glad we don't get scary events like that here in Aus :)

Lorraine

Yeah born and breed in Lower Hutt Wellington..been in Australia 30 years now...I now call Australia home!

Once a Kiwi, always a Kiwi ;) I'm a Waikato girl myself though I've lived in Northland for 35 years now. Still follow the Mooloo but!

Lorraine

We had one near me as a kid and all it was, was a noise like a truck crashing and that was it. Didn't feel anything. Same with the one near the Gold Coast last year, I don't think anyone was aware. I'm glad we don't get scary events like that here in Aus :)

We don't get quakes up here in Northland...apparently we are too far north of the tectonic doofus that causes all the fuss. We are however right in the middle of an extinct volcanic area which I suppose could decide to unextinct itself and Chile will probably have a massive earthquake and the ensuing tsunami may take Sans Souci and I up to live in the mangroves. Hey ho!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Once extinct I don't think they can become "un-extinct" :) (there's a difference between extinct and dormant) I hope not at least, as the Hinterland here on the Gold Coast is the rim of an old Volcano, I'm on the bottom of it. The worst thing to hit us is big storms/floods.

Lorraine

I surely do hope they can't become unextinct cos there's an awful lot of them around here. Auckland is sitting on top of a monster dormant field but no one seems to worry. I guess there's far more chance of being hit by a bus and they don't even worry about that!

And I've been to your Hinterland! My daughter took me up and we went for some nice walks...there was a couple of gorgeous waterfalls we saw. I gotta say, it spooked me at all the houses built in the forest...especially as there were fires around while I was there.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I surely do hope they can't become unextinct cos there's an awful lot of them around here. Auckland is sitting on top of a monster dormant field but no one seems to worry. I guess there's far more chance of being hit by a bus and they don't even worry about that!

And I've been to your Hinterland! My daughter took me up and we went for some nice walks...there was a couple of gorgeous waterfalls we saw. I gotta say, it spooked me at all the houses built in the forest...especially as there were fires around while I was there.

My sister in law lives in Cairns in the middle of a rain forest...one day I will visit her up there. She normally comes down to Melbourne as the rest of the family are here.

I've only ever had mild earthquakes here so mild you don't even know for sure that they happened.