• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New Zealanders

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The hinterland is mostly semi-tropical rainforest so the homes would be pretty safe compared to some of the bush lower down which is a lot dryer, that can get scary. Its the ones that over-hang the clifs that spook me :D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Ah, I see! I remember it being a lot cooler up the hills than down on the coast. It was really nice.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
yeah, it sure is pretty. I wouldn't mind living up there when I retire as like you said its a bit cooler (but I'd hate to do that climb everyday to go to work)

Lorraine

My sister in law lives in Cairns in the middle of a rain forest...one day I will visit her up there. She normally comes down to Melbourne as the rest of the family are here.

I've only ever had mild earthquakes here so mild you don't even know for sure that they happened.

I never got up to Cairns...we only went as far north as Noosa Heads and as far south as Byron Bay. I liked both of them particularly Byron Bay.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've been told by someone who lived in Byron that its great to visit but not good to live in (its know as a party town and has heaps of visitors there to just "party" so not a good town for kids to grow up in). We're lucky to have some nice places around here :)

Lorraine

I can imagine that, Rae. We were there in early June and it was just lovely. The old houses, the main street, the beach, and OMG the BEST fish and chips! But in the summer it would be a nightmare, like Whangamata and Mt Maunganui are here.

But Chris Hemsworth lives there now, so it might be worth a revisit... ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha road trip!

(actually, he's on the Gold Coast now filming the new Thor :D)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
better weather up here than Melbourne :D

Chris is heavenly as Thor, Miss B :)

Lorraine

better weather up here than Melbourne :D

Oh yeah! I'm not sure if I'm going to need a polar bear suit when I go in August. Erin is always complaining about the winter weather and the dopey girl rides a bicycle to work, 10Ks each way! Mad as.